4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 702     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peepers, can you say anymore? Will this be news tomorrow?

I don't know if this will be news tomorrow but I happen to believe for Matlow to tweet what he tweeted he must have been tipped off something is going to break soon (otherwise he would look foolish). Beyond that I can't really say any more. It will come out in the story.

I saw this interesting tweet from "Drunk Superman" a few minutes ago (he is believed to be the hacker Fords team hired to secure the crack video).

Drunk Superman ‏@ManuvSteele 36m
Tmo will be an interesting day : )
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More
2:22 AM - 8 Dec 13 · Details

Regarding his driver.

Assuming his driver is on the City payroll, how many hours per week is he required to be available?

I could see a job like that accumulating a lot of Overtime and Standby pay.

I believe the previous mayor took the subway to City Hall.

And more frequently rode his bike to work, even in the winter.

Ford requires a driver (slash, security) because of his numerous failings along with all of all the media attention he has brought upon himself. Hall, Lastman & Miller didn't (recent Mayors).

Hmm Peepers, It could be an interesting day. So drunk superman would be on the ford team?

DS is believed to be the unnamed hacker hired by Ford's team to delete an encrypted copy of the crack video that was uploaded to an online storage site (see story by VICE). DS has all but admitted that he was the hacker. I notice that he was uncharacteristically quiet today with no tweets for over 19 hours (this is a guy who tweets every five minutes and has over 100K tweets!). He then comes on to say "tmo will be an interesting day".

Could be absolutely nothing but I pay special attention to his tweets. He is a very intriguing person.

Last edited:
It's also worth noting that Michael Cooke - @TorStarEditor on twitter - didn't offer up his usual preview of the next day's newspaper.

This stuff makes being a night owl worth it.

It's also worth noting that Michael Cooke - @TorStarEditor on twitter - didn't offer up his usual preview of the next day's newspaper.

I can't get a hold of the Vaughan Press Centre guy who sometimes tells me what's rolling off the press. He's not very reliable but he did give me the play by play about the early Doolittle/Donovan stories coming to print. I guess we'll just have to wait, distribution is going out over the next 30 minutes or so.

I noticed that also. I have been refreshing the STAR page since 3:00 PM since that is when they post major stories to their website. Nothing there yet so next major refresh is at 6:00PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back