581     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 724     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torontonian's what?

Greengrocers' Apostrophes

Apostrophes that are used incorrectly to form plural words are known as “greengrocers' apostrophes.” This problem and incorrect usage actually appears to stem from the identical sound of the possessive and the plural form of most nouns used in the English language.

As an interesting aside, it is believed that the term greengrocers' apostrophes was coined in the mid-twentieth century by a teacher in Liverpool, England. The incorrect use of the apostrophe to make words plural apparently was common on the advertisement signs of greengrocers in the United Kingdom and elsewhere:

“Orange's on sale – cheap!”

My guess is the new info will be that Rob was boffing Elena in exchange for crack. If I remember correctly Basso stated that Rob and his sister kept him up all night whenever he was there.

My guess is the new info will be that Rob was boffing Elena in exchange for crack. If I remember correctly Basso stated that Rob and his sister kept him up all night whenever he was there.

LOL!!

I have at least 2 problems with the above:

1. That anyone would covet Rob Ford's "hot bod" to give up some crack for a "crack" at it?
2. That Rob Ford, in his physical condition, is good for 15 minutes, much less ALL NIGHT!!

Greengrocers' Apostrophes

Apostrophes that are used incorrectly to form plural words are known as “greengrocers' apostrophes.” This problem and incorrect usage actually appears to stem from the identical sound of the possessive and the plural form of most nouns used in the English language.

As an interesting aside, it is believed that the term greengrocers' apostrophes was coined in the mid-twentieth century by a teacher in Liverpool, England. The incorrect use of the apostrophe to make words plural apparently was common on the advertisement signs of greengrocers in the United Kingdom and elsewhere:

“Orange's on sale – cheap!”

Thanks! I didn't need the explanation, though I should have realised that my post might be misinterpreted.

To get a sense of how I intended it, imagine me pointing to "Torontonian's" and saying "Torontonian's what?".

OK, I have finished my dissection of my frog...

Yikes:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 4m

"The skins are the skins" Mayor Rob Ford against the Washington Redskins changing their name #TOpoli

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m

"What are we going to call the Cleveland Indians? The Cleveland Aboriginals next?" Mayor Rob Ford on Redskins controversy #TOpoli

AoD

Yikes:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 4m

"The skins are the skins" Mayor Rob Ford against the Washington Redskins changing their name #TOpoli

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m

"What are we going to call the Cleveland Indians? The Cleveland Aboriginals next?" Mayor Rob Ford on Redskins controversy #TOpoli

AoD
Developmentally, he doesn't even seem to be a kindergarten level.

LOL!!

I have at least 2 problems with the above:

1. That anyone would covet Rob Ford's "hot bod" to give up some crack for a "crack" at it?
2. That Rob Ford, in his physical condition, is good for 15 minutes, much less ALL NIGHT!!

1. I assumed the original post was hastily written and that the names Rob/Elena should be switched around in that, er, transaction. It certainly makes more sense that way.
2. 15 minutes?! That's very generous of you. I'd put him in the 30-60 second range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back