852     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.3K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told that the Chief is requesting staff tasks consistent with preparations for a press conference. Whether it's damage control to preempt the inevitable questions why Ford hasn't been charged despite clear breeches of the law or the announcement of charges, I'm still trying to find out.

If no charges are laid when Brazen 2 is concluded (it's wrapping up), then that's the end of the story until Ford fucks up again. People in City Council tell me that Councillors don't want to shake the hornet's nest. The international media circus is gone, Ford has been put in a box and Norm Kelly is doing his job in bringing in some stability to the functioning of City Hall. I've seen this personally as Councillors who were eager to help me with efforts to force Ford out of office have more recently politely declined to get involved.

If charges are laid, then the hornet's nest will have been shaken again. CNN will be setting up cameras on the 2nd floor of City Hall and a lot of ink will be spilled on the upcoming trial. Councillors who were writing up a request for a 4th special meeting will take it out from under a stack of papers on their desks and ask the Province to give them the powers to remove the Mayor. All the parties in Queens Park are eager to make the man just disappear so they'll expedite the process.

I doubt that Blair will be holding a presser on Friday to announce arrests. When this happens the media only gets notice of the presser a few hours in advance after the suspect has been picked-up and brought down to the station. This is how it went down with the latest Lisi arrest. Media were told that Blair would be holding a presser around the time that the arrest was made.

I cannot imagine that Blair would be holding a presser to announce that wrapping up of Brazen 2. If indeed it has been wrapped up and there are no further arrests beyond Lisi and the dry-cleaner - a lot of people are going to be disappointed in Blair.

I wonder if Blair is holding a press conference to announce that he plans to retire? (fingers crossed). He probably knows that with the upcoming release of the ITO documents his conduct will come under even closer scrutiny and the blow-back directed at him will be more than even he can withstand.

Class, some google homework for you.

Fords.....Deco....Di Battista.....Chicago....Florida......Woodbridge .....Toronto Italian restaurants.

Give er!

A sad but not novel double standard came into full view this eventing when I switched on the John Tory show to hear him decry the two tiered justice system in Ontario. Mind you, it was not in reference to Ford's escape from justice, but because in his view, First Nations activists in Caledonia haven't faced vandalism charges for their protests. It was a particularly shining moment of waspish elitism, as he spoke with passion about enforcing tough justice on members of a long marginalized minority group. Strangely though, when on the subject of Rob Ford's seemingly free pass from the justice system for his numerous illegal and unethical actions, Tory's passions for justice usually wane.

It seems in Tory's world view, an aboriginal vandal who escapes punishment represents a tragic failure of the justice system, while when a white and wealthy public figure like Ford debauches our laws and ethical standards of conduct, the indignance is quietly shelved, and replaced with ample second chances, sympathies, and benefits of the doubt.

I wonder if Blair is holding a press conference to announce that he plans to retire? (fingers crossed). He probably knows that with the upcoming release of the ITO documents his conduct will come under even closer scrutiny and the blow-back directed at him will be more than even he can withstand.

There's no way he would retire at this critical juncture. However slack the TPS may look right now, someone like Blair would never countenance going out looking like a quitter.

Instead, I'm betting that if he is planning on holding a news conference, it will be to announce that he suddenly has a legal opinion permitting him to release the videos. This will, once again, create a smokescreen to distract everyone from the publication of the remaining ITO and all that it will imply. That will buy him a little extra time (I hope) to wrap up Brazen 2 and bring the long-awaited corruption charges.

US Congress 1st District-NY Republican primary attack ad W/Mayor Rob Ford's picture

Anyway, here is another example of Robbie's infamous celebrity:

New ad compares Obama, congressman to Rob Ford

http://www.news8000.com/news/politi...ob-Ford/-/1032/23243800/-/4iixj9/-/index.html[/QUOTE]

Everyone: I found this quite interesting that Mayor Rob Ford has become infamous enough to be used in this attack ad against
Democratic incumbent Tim Bishop in the coming Republican primary for New York's first congressional district which is in Suffolk
County and basically is the eastern half of Long Island...George Demos is running against NY State Senator Lee Zeldin for the
GOP nomination to take on Bishop in the 2014 election...The picture used shows Bishop,President Obama and Mayor Rob Ford...

I am familiar with Tim Bishop - who in some of his past campaigns has won re-election against some strong - and for that matter
well financed - GOP challengers...I live in NY State Senator Lee Zeldin's district and I will add that he won election to the NYS
Senate a couple of years back because of the former Democratic NYS Senator Brian Foley's support for the MTA and other NYC
area mass transit of new taxes to fund the system and improvements which was opposed by suburban members of the GOP for
their thought of favoring New York City and its transit over other suburban transportation such as road improvements...

In closing I am no fan of political attack ads and wish to mention a quote from one of my relatives that stays in my mind concerning
them: "Enough knocking the other guy - What are YOU going to do?"

Long Island Mike

Last edited:
There's no way he would retire at this critical juncture. However slack the TPS may look right now, someone like Blair would never countenance going out looking like a quitter.

Instead, I'm betting that if he is planning on holding a news conference, it will be to announce that he suddenly has a legal opinion permitting him to release the videos. This will, once again, create a smokescreen to distract everyone from the publication of the remaining ITO and all that it will imply. That will buy him a little extra time (I hope) to wrap up Brazen 2 and bring the long-awaited corruption charges.

Oh, good guess! How long do staff need to prepare for a presser? Would it be tomorrow? Or would Blair hold it again on the day of? (In this case, Friday.)

It is amazing how Rob Ford has transcended national boundaries. It's as if he has become the World's Mayor.

He's a freak, a joke. The whole story is so incredulous that it transcends all boundaries. When the "year in review" stories are compiled, the Rob Ford story will play prominently given the amount of shenanigans that he got caught up in, and how he got off relatively scot-free which in itself is pretty stunning.
I hope a year from now we can all look back, begin to heal and really decompress all of what he put this city through with Mayor Chow at the helm.

Oh, good guess! How long do staff need to prepare for a presser? Would it be tomorrow? Or would Blair hold it again on the day of? (In this case, Friday.)

As was mentioned earlier, Chief Blair was in hawaii, so I imagine flying back takes a significant amount of time. An officer died, and he's the chief. He'll be speaking on that, and I imagine, ignoring the ITO, which will just have more of the same salacious gossip.

If Blair was arresting the Mayor, we'd hear rumors about that, and not about a press conference.

As was mentioned earlier, Chief Blair was in hawaii, so I imagine flying back takes a significant amount of time. An officer died, and he's the chief. He'll be speaking on that, and I imagine, ignoring the ITO, which will just have more of the same salacious gossip.

If Blair was arresting the Mayor, we'd hear rumors about that, and not about a press conference.

"Salacious gossip" isn't the right word for information contained in a police report. And I really have no idea what the point of a press conference talking about a week-old (by Friday) incident would be. There aren't really a lot of unanswered questions there, are there?

No, this has got be one of two things---either announcing charges, or throwing a piece of raw meat to distract people from the ITO full of un-acted on information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back