4.9K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 702     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I'd find that slightly unlikely is because Kypreos ran the NYC Marathon this year (earlier this month, actually). Now the original tip is from way back in March, so maybe he cleaned up as part of his training, but I guess I find it hard to believe a 47-year old crack user could complete the race. (Though apparently an ex-NHLer did tease him for finishing behind Oprah Winfrey, so maybe there's something to be said for that. :p)

Crack makes you run faster, duh

Priorities

BSgpnMi.jpg

Were Ford and that guy on the front page of the Weekly News separated at birth?

And they will never, EVER vote for the candidate you want. Waaaay better to focus on the mushy middle.

Pretty much. And the best way of convincing the mushy middle that Rofo is not someone they want to be supporting is to focus the spotlight on his repulsive personal conduct and criminal behavior. So, yeah, the hardcore fanatics that make up Ford Nayshun won't care if proof emerges about Fatso slapping the wife around - if, say, Renata finally leaves the rotten bastard and/or has him brought up on charges - but the less mouth-frothing small 'c' conservatives likely would be turned off by the freakshow elements in Rofo's life.

But he had already been ARRESTED once for domestic violence before he got elected in 2010. Evidently, that didn't put off the swing voters then, so why should it now?

But never convicted. Whether his wife was lying in the first place, or IMO, more likely changed her story out of the consequences of having her husband charged, the charges were dropped. Unfortunately, this ended up making it look like Renata did it out of spite. I'm of the belief that where there's smoke, there's fire. Abuse victims far outnumber fraudulent abuse claims. Actual proof and charges that stick would greatly affect Ford's "family joe" narrative.

den:

Yes, though I don't recall which project was most viewed - Trump? 10 Dundas/Metropolis? They tend to be projects that had fallen below expectations...just like the mayor.

AoD

I'm of the belief that where there's smoke, there's fire. Abuse victims far outnumber fraudulent abuse claims. Actual proof and charges that stick would greatly affect Ford's "family joe" narrative.

Exactly. The people who voted for him were willing to overlook the "smoke," despite the fact that he had amply demonstrated that violent outbursts are consistent with his character. I firmly believe that there are many other democracies where the arrest alone would have ended his career in public office. And in my view this supports the earlier comment by TOperson, sadly
But our society has been tolerating domestic violence for a LONG time.

why does everyone think he's going to drive himself there?? I think he'll simply take a plane.

He could fly (Porter flies to Detroit, although Pearson is closer to Casa Ford) but it depends on whether he wants to be part of a group or travel solo to avoid scrutiny.

However he chooses to travel, I don't think it's likely that he'll be refused entry to the US, but I would not underestimate his potential to do something monumentally stupid/illegal, whether sober or intoxicated, at an airport, on a plane, in a hotel, at a bar, in the stadium or just somewhere on a street in Detroit.

You didn't just design the logo - you designed the whole damn building! Have you seen the shape of the thing?

But seriously, great work :)

I had no part in the logo itself, only the font (which, truth be told accounts for about 90% of the logo). But I digress... For some reason, my fonts aren't exactly massive sellers or extremely popular, but this is the second time they've been used in a logo for a condo build in the GTA. The other was for one of the Mystic Pointe properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back