5K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 709     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The narrative around drug use is often that it's victimless. Assault is another matter entirely. While I'm sure that the core Neanderthal element of Ford Nation might shrug off well-founded police evidence, that core won't get him re-elected, and normal folks who just wanted to keep their taxes low aren't likely to want a wife-batterer representing their city.

But our society has been tolerating domestic violence for a LONG time. There is plenty of evidence of that. And no evidence that Torontonians are really concerned about these allegations against Ford. It hardly gets a mention. And it's easy to dismiss given that at this stage they are just allegations. Lots of people are already dismissing his undisputed illegal and questionable behaviour. The DV doesn't even register.

At least London Mayor Boris Johnson has more class than Ford when making a fool of himself in the assembly. Our mayor could learn a thing or two.

[video=youtube;Sg6SRlQervo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg6SRlQervo[/video]

Any bets he drives a rental? Or takes a car service?

why does everyone think he's going to drive himself there?? I think he'll simply take a plane.

As to the domestic assault, I don't see that going anywhere. If it's part of the new ITO information, well... it's new to us but not the police, so it won't lead to an arrest. And if his wife is going to keep denying it or just shrugging at it, it will continue to go nowhere (as all such other reports of the past).

And given the deluded nature of his supporters, if she did speak up, I wouldn't be surprised to hear them blaming her or saying she's making it up to get a big divorce settlement or something like that.

I have a feeling that his supporters could very well belong to a group that a) easily dismisses them as "just allegations", b) it is a "private" matter and c) she (or women in general) deserved it - vis-a-vis head of household BS.
Sure, there's no convincing the hardcore deadenders that make up the core of Ford Nation. But those are not a majority of the electorate, and I think that the swing voters in the next election would likely be very put off by claims of assault against his wife. As I said earlier, taking drugs may be just a victimless party boy thing, but beating up on someone makes you an evil asshole.

A lot of time spent lately focusing on the obstinacy of the tiny remaining enclave of Ford nation. Who cares if they don't change their mind, and why does it even matter? No matter how you slice the numbers, Ford is done. Fuck those people. They're a waste of space and air time.

At least London Mayor Boris Johnson has more class than Ford when making a fool of himself in the assembly. Our mayor could learn a thing or two.

Forget the mayor...someone should show that clip to Nunziata so she can see how a real speaker takes control.

To be honest, if you can't get elected running against a globally ridiculed, ignorant, confessed drunk, drunk-driving, crack-smoking liar who has allegations of domestic abuse against him and consistently consorts with the worst kinds of criminal, and can't string two words together in a coherent sentence, you probably don't deserve to win.

The hockey douchebag is Kypreos. It's irrelevant.

Stay focused please.

The only reason I'd find that slightly unlikely is because Kypreos ran the NYC Marathon this year (earlier this month, actually). Now the original tip is from way back in March, so maybe he cleaned up as part of his training, but I guess I find it hard to believe a 47-year old crack user could complete the race. (Though apparently an ex-NHLer did tease him for finishing behind Oprah Winfrey, so maybe there's something to be said for that. :p)

The only reason I'd find that slightly unlikely is because Kypreos ran the NYC Marathon this year (earlier this month, actually). Now the original tip is from way back in March, so maybe he cleaned up as part of his training, but I guess I find it hard to believe a 47-year old crack user could complete the race. (Though apparently an ex-NHLer did tease him for finishing behind Oprah Winfrey, so maybe there's something to be said for that. :p)

Running a marathon and finishing a marathon are not the same thing. Kypper finished one. I don't want to take anything away from that, but it's not like he ran a 3:30 or anything.

A lot of time spent lately focusing on the obstinacy of the tiny remaining enclave of Ford nation. Who cares if they don't change their mind, and why does it even matter? No matter how you slice the numbers, Ford is done. Fuck those people. They're a waste of space and air time.

That needs to be said more often, and the deadenders need to be shamed and (metaphoriocally) spat upon at every opportunity. Thank you. That's a message I can get behind.

There is a very good reason to - they can vote.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back