5.1K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 720     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide what I'm loving more: Kelly's ever-so-diplomatic, yet subtly bitchy, rejoinders — or Dougie's utterly lame comment about, "living in the Roman days, you know in how the Roman Empire worked."

Kelly is actually smacking Douggie upside the head, like a wise dad or grandad does.

I think Kelly has been around enough to see bullies come and go. Thug is a belligerent little spoiled brat and Kelly is treating him as such. He's not engaging stupidity!

The best part about the upcoming municipal election isn't the race for the mayor's job, it's the fact that Doug Ford isn't running to be re-elected in ward 2. Goodbye, Doug Ford. No one will miss you at city hall! Well, maybe your little brother if he somehow gets re-elected.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Doug Ford has already stated that: A) He will not be running for another term. He'll be a key staff member for his brother's re-election campaign. B) That he hates working in municipal politics and he can't wait to get out of it.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of this approach. The best way to deal with bullies is to beat the shit out of them. I'd rather Kelly et al responded with "Doug is lying, Rob is lying...it's what they do. They are liars. Belligerent, obstinate liars. Here's the facts. Here are their lies."

I can't decide what I'm loving more: Kelly's ever-so-diplomatic, yet subtly bitchy, rejoinders — or Dougie's utterly lame comment about, "living in the Roman days, you know in how the Roman Empire worked."
"living in the Roman days, you know in how the Roman Empire worked."

Pretty sure that Ford nation can barely remember that August is a month let alone who it's named after. Pretty sure Doug has no clue either.

Doug Ford has already stated that: A) He will not be running for another term B) That he hates working in municipal politics and he can't wait to get out of it.

So u believe the words coming out of his mouth......all righty then! Have you not learned anything these past three years listening to these gumbas!

Last edited:
So u believe the words coming out of his mouth......all righty then! Have you not learned anything these past three years listening to these gumbos!

I just saw someone mentioned that Randy's son is going to run for the seat if his uncle vacates it!

ARRGGGGGHHH!!!!

They are like leaches! How do you get rid of them?

So u believe the words coming out of his mouth......all righty then! Have you not learned anything these past three years listening to these gumbas!

What I do believe is he truly hates being a city councillor ( as he as said before ) and I do believe he won't be running again as what he has stated. Could he end up running again? Sure, but I doubt he will.

And to be clear, I completely dislike Doug Ford, more than Rob Ford, and he is really doesn't run for re-election in ward 2, then ward 2 may actually vote in a decent rep.

I'm told that the redacted information in the Lisi ITO was mostly regarding Ford specifically -- an "innocent" party -- which is why it wasn't released. It has little to do with Lisi's case. Nordheimer's judgement today acknowledged that while Ford is an innocent party (he hasn't been charged), the information in the ITO is of indisputable public interest and it supersedes protecting an innocent party from public disclosure.

There will be more incriminating information against the Mayor but nothing that hasn't been speculated already. I don't believe that it'll change any minds that haven't already been changed by the already released information. It will however reveal Ford as a liar yet again, and might spoil his plan to use the 2014 budget to go on the offensive by shifting the spotlight back on him. He'll be apologizing yet again and defending himself against fresh allegations.

What I'm particularly looking for is confirmation on the allegation that I disclosed here months ago that Ford was on tape soliciting drugs from Lisi. While it may not be enough to charge him, in the court of public opinion, he'll be found guilty.

I'm told that the redacted information in the Lisi ITO was mostly regarding Ford specifically -- an "innocent" party -- which is why it wasn't released. It has little to do with Lisi's case. Nordheimer's judgement today acknowledged that while Ford is an innocent party (he hasn't been charged), the information in the ITO is of indisputable public interest and it supersedes protecting an innocent party from public disclosure.

There will be more incriminating information against the Mayor but nothing that hasn't been speculated already. I don't believe that it'll change any minds that haven't already been changed by the already released information. It will however reveal Ford as a liar yet again, and might spoil his plan to use the 2014 budget to go on the offensive by shifting the spotlight back on him. He'll be apologizing yet again and defending himself against fresh allegations.

What I'm particularly looking for is confirmation on the allegation that I disclosed here months ago that Ford was on tape soliciting drugs from Lisi. While it may not be enough to charge him, in the court of public opinion, he'll be found guilty.

MM,

Please explain.....Ford soliciting drugs from a dealer(Lisi)? How can this not have anything to do with Lisi's charges of trafficking?

I'm not a fan of this approach. The best way to deal with bullies is to beat the shit out of them. I'd rather Kelly et al responded with "Doug is lying, Rob is lying...it's what they do. They are liars. Belligerent, obstinate liars. Here's the facts. Here are their lies."

True, but then Kelly would have to come clean about why he didn't say the Fords were idiots and liars all along. Kelly would, himself, have to own up to his own mistakes in supporting Ford (which, you'll recall, he did up until the invasion of Kuwait).

It's unfortunate that Kelly won't do this, as I think it would cathartic for everyone (excepts the Fords) for their former supporters to acknowledge their past mistakes and explain how they have learned from those mistakes and should continue to be trusted with serious tasks (like governing and voting) when their track record of supporting Ford would indicate otherwise.

But he's already admitted to buying drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back