108     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 862     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 985     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the VICE story came out I speculated on here that the unnamed hacker was well-known Toronto twitter user @manuvsteele AKA "Drunk Superman". "DS" saw my comment (or someone tipped him off) and he actually signed up here and chatted with us for about a day but didn't come back. I still think "DS" holds the key to a lot of this information but naturally is laying low right now (probably on advice of lawyers).

ManuvSteele = troll. If there's any more to that, then please lay it out.

I am convinced that the STAR and Toronto Police are working very closely together.

According to his public statements, Doug Ford is convinced of that too. Doesn't make it so.

Last edited:
Yes, as if Black's support is going to improve Ford's overall standing. A marriage of the alleged super- literate, with it's polar opposite to broaden the base perhaps ? At the very least one's vocabulary gets a workout whenever Conrad " stoops to conquer ". By definition, bombast knows no limits.

I think Black has a soft spot for Ford because they're both old money and they've both been in trouble with the police.

This could be another important day if Jacobsen is succesful.

Tamara Cherry ‏@tamaracherry
Lawyers back in court arguing for/against release of further Sandro Lisi ITO information. Media lawyer Peter Jacobsen speaking now
Jacobsen: "There is a substantial likelihood that a great deal of this material, if we don't see it now, we will never see it."

If this ends, Brazen II wraps and Ford doesn't go down, the right will have a field day. Ford will be given a martyr narrative that he'll try to ride to re-election (and may just succeed). This is a huge disaster, but I'm inclined to agree it is looking more and more like it will be the case.

Deeply depressing news...

Except that Ford can surely be counted on to create new opportunities for an arrest. Or do you think he can make it until election day without driving drunk or prompting another "domestic disturbance" incident?

OK, I went and read it. You owe me 5mins & about 5000 brain cells. A convicted fraudster thinks admitted criminal behaviour shouldn't keep someone from being Mayor. Funny that.

Also, the sliming of the Star was positively Blackian in its bloviating & completely Off-topic ranting. You need to read more widely, methinks.

Agreed. Black's take on Ford seems to be that he (Ford) is merely a rougher-around-the-edges version of himself, unjustly persecuted by 'the media' and 'the left', that he's essentially done nothing wrong (despite his messy personal life intruding on his job) and that he really only needs to 'be more careful' - in other words, work harder at not getting caught.

Black's claim that Ford's fiscal responsibility is unimpeachable is based only on the fact that Black is unwilling to submit Ford's fiscal policy to any kind of scrutiny. It's as if he thinks Ford, as many of his supporters think, saved a ton of money and spent virtually nothing.

I think Black has a soft spot for Ford because they're both old money and they've both been in trouble with the police.

No, they're two sides of the same coin - one educated and well spoken the other, well, Ford. Black can use Ford's story to continue their shared narrative of "persecution" by the press/political opponents, all the while still denying any responsibility for their situation(s).

I think people are forgetting that 1/3 of Toronto's population is of Asian decent. Chow enters the race she will get the large majority of the segment without having to fight for it. We are talking non-English first language voters. That is her equivalent of Ford Nation that the pollsters have not even considered nor know how to count. Chow will poll in the Lastman neighborhood of return numbers.

but it's mentioned as a location in the globe & mail article the other day, and in other news articles earlier this month. i wonder what's up with that.

can't remember if this was highlighted already, so in case it wasn't, from that globe & mail article...

The Jersey plant seems to have been a legit industrial property, now in the hands of Wise Tag & Label:

http://goo.gl/maps/vugsG

http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikes61

... but the addresses for Deco in Illinois are puzzling:

http://www.gutenbergsguide.com/?category=Labels+-+Trade
http://goo.gl/maps/RWltV

Some sources indicate that Deco is on Thorndale, some on *East* Thorndale, in Wood Dale, or Elk Grove ... the Deco location itself doesn't seem to be visible on Google Maps.

Like Jesus on the cross, the sainted Rob Ford will rise again and take his rightful place as the planet's best mayor, return for another term and then demand the province to extend his term limit so that he can remain the much-loved mayor of his beloved city for another eight years. The Ford century is upon us, all rise! :(

It's true that Robbie climbed up on the cross, however, we haven't heard the nails go in just yet.

No, they're two sides of the same coin - one educated and well spoken the other, well, Ford. Black can use Ford's story to continue their shared narrative of "persecution" by the press/political opponents, all the while still denying any responsibility for their situation(s).

It's a trend of Conservitives who get caught in some sort of financial scandal to get jobs and book deals.

Conrad Black talking about fiscal responsibility? Is that a joke?

If I had my way Canada would have not opened the door to Blackie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back