2.5K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.7K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 656     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sound like an old killjoy - but is there really any need to be posting large pictures of half naked women in the thread??

Some of us peruse the forum at work and I'd like to be able to keep doing that without having to worry about what my boss might see.

How about just concentrating on your work, you slacker! We're not paying you to browse the internet!

Or maybe drinking plenty of water everyday is part of his weight loss plan?

Possible but doubtfull. If he has a "professional" working as dietician and/or a personal trainer then water would most likely would be part of a low-carb diet, and that, given his weight and "2 hours at the gym", this would put his system into a "starvation mode"; Robbie would stop burning calories (hence the low-cal diet).

This weight loss programme would cause more problems, especially for someone dealing with an addiction.

I would hazzard a guess that Robbie needs to reduce his fat consumption, mostly saturated fats. I would suggest that Robbie start to sightly increase his protein level (mostly non-redmeat), reduce his carbs gradually, but starting small. I would also have him start taking vitamin D, B12, and Calcium to start, this would help the immune system, and shore up the system against the stress of change in meal plan and exorsize plan.

Anyone else notice this from the Star article shared above?
The Star was told in early August by a source that police had retrieved two videos, but the police document states that the deleted files were not recovered until Oct. 29.

I don't recall this being spelled out so clearly before. (I bring this up at the risk of adding fuel to Peeper's anti-Blair vendetta, which I think is unfounded.)

Key words: retrieved and recovered. So while they may have got their hands on them, they were not recovered (restored) until later after the techies worked with them -- lots of discussion earlier about how that process might have happened and how long it could take.

Seems all the Ford Nation members who were on UT have dissapeared, you don't hear them commenting any more.

I don't miss Cowboy Logic's disingenuous, thirty paragraph long, selective rebuttals. It's one thing to be a contrarian, it's another to be so freaking boring and redundant. Reading one of his posts was like listening to a child repeat "but why?" over and over.

Possible but doubtfull. If he has a "professional" working as dietician and/or a personal trainer then water would most likely would be part of a low-carb diet, and that, given his weight and "2 hours at the gym", this would put his system into a "starvation mode"; Robbie would stop burning calories (hence the low-cal diet).

Dietician is a professional designation so no quotes needed for that. Robbie isn't likely to be paying for a pro (or listening to one). If he's hanging at his niece's gym, someone might be advising him but doubtful it's a professional. (sorry, personal pet peeve re dieticians vs people who give advice about nutrition with or without any type of education/training/certification)

It may well have been water the mayor was chugging back yesterday and it may well have been a double double in his coffee cup. Or it could have been, as I routinely drank throughout my high school days, booze with enough coffee to mask the aroma. Some people really thought I drank Irish Creme flavoured coffee ;)

The "in your face-ness" of Ford's health kick had me immediately doubt its authenticity. It reminded me of women who go around showing off giant engagement rings, or men who insist you look at their totally amazing, limited edition celebrity-endorsed running shoes: showing off.

Ford's preened like a peacock, even though he's an unadorned prick, doing stretches in front of the entire council. and roaming the halls in exercise clothing. Was his driver/staffer putting him through the paces while both were on the public dime? If Ford wanted to really master this weight loss/health kick from a PR standpoint, it would be brilliant for him to host lunchtime workouts at City Hall for all employees. That would come across as doing something to benefit an entire workplace.

Instead, he continues stroking his ego with puffed up public displays.

His actions are consistent with those of someone wishing to control PR spin, not healthy living.

Last edited:
Outside of a few trolls, even the tone of the Sun comments has changed.

The Sun trolls are funny. A few of them have figured out how to up-vote their own comments, but they're not smart enough to keep it at a believable level. So you occasionally see all these nonsense posts with 687 up votes, when the closest, highest-ranking opposing opinion gets something like 38.

Well, he said he didn't know anyone in that photo. That may be untrue, but I'm not sure that conclusively points to his involvement in Smith's murder, does it? He also refuses to talk to the police about anything at all. You're assuming it's because of Smith. I don't think there's enough evidence to say for sure one way or the other.
For sure isn't my standard here. Any possibility that he might have involvement in a murder is a bad place for a mayor to be. Not coming clean with the police about knowledge of a person murdered because it may incriminate him on other discreditable or criminal behavior is a bad place for a mayor to be. No, I'm not sure one way or the other, may even be able to concede that probability falls on the side of Smith killed for other reasons, but that the mayor is so deep in this mess of denials and compromises is enough for me not to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything.

Well, at least they've added a couple of new ones over the past week; coup e'tat, actions speaks louder than words, plus they even threw in a few lines of scripture.

Now that Rob knows the word Coup de 'tat, he probably thinks he's halfway to knowing enough French to be Prime Minister.

For sure isn't my standard here. Any possibility that he might have involvement in a murder is a bad place for a mayor to be. Not coming clean with the police about knowledge of a person murdered because it may incriminate him on other discreditable or criminal behavior is a bad place for a mayor to be. No, I'm not sure one way or the other, may even be able to concede that probability falls on the side of Smith killed for other reasons, but that the mayor is so deep in this mess of denials and compromises is enough for me not to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything.

To be fair, not talking to the police is absolutely reasonable, and recommended for anyone. You might've seen this video, entitled "Don't Talk to Police." It's American, but it mostly applies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Dietician is a professional designation so no quotes needed for that. Robbie isn't likely to be paying for a pro (or listening to one). If he's hanging at his niece's gym, someone might be advising him but doubtful it's a professional. (sorry, personal pet peeve re dieticians vs people who give advice about nutrition with or without any type of education/training/certification)

Your right of course, I'm sorry.

I wanted to bring attention to the Fords' "good speak", it's like using the words/phrases like "experts", "my people", "my contacts", "common folk", and "blue collar" for example.

This does not poo-poo the usage, just the repetition intended to plant certain actions/ideas. Sound bites/clips are the most pervasive memes and viral video.

Yeah.. I'm with you on this.. I think anybody who reads enough into this would be a bit naive to totally dismiss the possibility..... I liked what Mark Pugash said when asked about the neutrality of the case...

“We have been accused of both covering up for him and for targeting him. If people are accusing you of completely incompatible things, the chances are, you’re probably right down the middle.â€

Mammo's on cp24 talking about how he thought the mayor was "high" in council last week because he went from hyper to mellow within a few minutes. Hmmm, wonder if Ford might have been popping benzos instead of alcohol (which can be prescribed for withdrawal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back