News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but who and why?

Even the minimal effort to set up the acct and post nothing tweets still seems like more work than the reward offered.

Is Kathy tweeting?

Is a pr firm readying a campaign?

Anyway, thanks.

No, it's a robot randomly cobbling together other peoples' tweets into the semblance of a real account.

How many "Rob"ots are spamming antisocial media?

Lots. The robots once appropriated a tweet with my user name in it and I would get alerted every few days by a spam account. Reported them all and eventually it stopped.

EDIT: Oh you meant Rob Ford robots. Nah man they don't exist. This account is just using a tweet on a trending topic.

Last edited:
Lots. The robots once appropriated a tweet with my user name in it and I would get alerted every few days by a spam account. Reported them all and eventually it stopped.

EDIT: Oh you meant Rob Ford robots. Nah man they don't exist. This account is just using a tweet on a trending topic.
Yes, I call Rob Ford robots "Rob"ots. Thank you for assuring us that they do not overwhelm any meaningful discussion about Toronto politics with Ford Nation soundbites.

The comments sections of news websites however...

The drugs, the violence, the lying, it was all well documented before the election.
The substance abuse was well documented. The crack problem perhaps not.

Still, how badly it's gone is hardly a surprise. Many predicted that Rob Ford would embarrass the city. Rob Ford's bigotry and spousal abuse were well known before the election.

Anyone who voted for him deserves what they got. The outcome shouldn't be a surprise to anyone (though the exact pathway has been interesting).

The substance abuse was well documented. The crack problem perhaps not.

Still, how badly it's gone is hardly a surprise. Many predicted that Rob Ford would embarrass the city. Rob Ford's bigotry and spousal abuse were well known before the election.

Anyone who voted for him deserves what they got. The outcome shouldn't be a surprise to anyone (though the exact pathway has been interesting).

What I find more interesting is the widespread denial that Ford smokes crack and the idea that this is some sort of liberal media conspiracy even after Ford admitted he did smoke crack. I would love to hear an expert comment on this. I cant think of a logical explanation for this.

What I find more interesting is the widespread denial that Ford smokes crack and the idea that this is some sort of liberal media conspiracy even after Ford admitted he did smoke crack. I would love to hear an expert comment on this. I cant think of a logical explanation for this.

It could be that they have their own substance/dependency issues. They would empathize with RF because of it. And they would also be more inclined to deny reality.

I haven't heard anyone denying that Ford smoked crack. Perhaps your being trolled?

There's always a few wingnuts out there who believe the earth is flat, or that the USA blew up the World Trade Center ... but that doesn't mean that there's any significant support of this.

Something I find myself wondering about today...

How does addict Ford get his hands on alcohol/drugs now? Today, or tomorrow, or next Friday? I don't guess meetings with Lisi and those kind of people are a possibility any more. I know we call Doug an enabler, but I don't see him getting Rob some bottles at this stage.

After the Garrison Ball incident and again with the initial crack story (May), some people on the internet/twitter chattering about seeing him leaving the LCBO & commenting on it, but at that point -- whatever many of us thought about his drinking -- he was an adult and buying booze is legal, yadda yadda, etc. Then last Sunday the "apology" and promise to only have "a few pops" in his basement. :rolleyes: At that point it would be awkward but you'd still have his defenders saying "whatever he wants to do on his own time is none of our business" yadda, yadda, etc.

But now that people (even Doug) are talking about taking time off and maybe getting help, I don't think he can show up at an LCBO and buy a few bottles. And it's not easy for him to try to disguise himself. Even if he wears a jogging suit and baseball hat or something... his face has been all over the news and his body shape attracts attention (I know there's lots of overweight people these days, but still).

Apparently he was spotted at an LCBO that Sunday night, his last 1010 show, when he said he "probably needed to slow down on the drinking" or whatever. I don't think staying away from the LCBO is on his priority list.

Something I've been meaning to write.

That second video -- the rant -- I don't think Rob Ford is drunk there. I think he's his normal self.

There. Said it. Bitchy, no?

TonyV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back