4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that he just soldiers on in his own pigheaded manner and sticks his foot in every trap along the way. We need this. Toronto needs this.

Agreed, big time. But the fact that Dougie is now giving a half-assed endorsement of Rob going on some kind of token "rehab" probably indicates he now realizes this step is necessary. And Norm Kelly said today that Rob is willing to consider a leave, but "not as long as we might like," or words to that effect. So it's pretty obvious what the next move is.

there was a password on the /locked page and different files in my pic than in the reregistered part.. that's why i didn't know what he meant about the pig until checking it myself

the cell phone pics I took are same screenshots given to vice, so approx end of july... I still have the originals with timecodes, etc which I can produce later

goonies.bugs3.com didn't exist at the time the Vice story was released - it's a free service so someone could have (re-)registered it since.

Last edited:
I don't think the province will step in. Ford hasn't been found guilty, let alone charged, of any crimes. It would set a deadly precedent for the rest of Ontario. The mayor of London was found guilty. Why is he not being removed?

Ah the Gord Perks school of sacred democracy, in which constituents are utterly powerless to hold politicians to account except for one day every four years.

I appreciate his high minded principles but come on...

Ah, I was curious because the site is running on an Apache webserver so I would have expected to see an .htaccess file in it. Without that the folder would normally be viewable to anyone, just like it is now.

goonies.bugs3.com didn't exist at the time the Wired story was released - it's a free service so someone could have (re-)registered it since.

There was a Wired article too? I missed that one.

Last edited:
I think this was shared already, but worth a re-read in light of MetroMan's latest:

If Rob Ford only takes a couple of weeks off, we're screwed

I'm (slightly) less pessimistic than this guy. I do think the crack admission and the coke freak-out video has damaged Robbie's core 'brand' very much, and that will be hard for him to salvage. But voters as well as city council have sure given him a lot of breaks in the past; not hard to imagine that pattern continuing.

I wish folks would ignore Manuv, a.k.a. Unf---kwithable II.

I think this was shared already, but worth a re-read in light of MetroMan's latest:

If Rob Ford only takes a couple of weeks off, we're screwed

I'm (slightly) less pessimistic than this guy. I do think the crack admission and the coke freak-out video has damaged Robbie's core 'brand' very much, and that will be hard for him to salvage. But voters as well as city council have sure given him a lot of breaks in the past; not hard to imagine that pattern continuing.

I wish folks would ignore Manuv, a.k.a. Unf---kwithable II.

His core may survive, but no Conservative money is going to flow his way. They have moved on to better candidates without Ford's baggage. The reality is that even with Ford 'cleaned" up, he can't be trusted for a very long time. 21 days isn't going to be enough for him to come back and handle whatever sent him over the edge to begin with.

Oops, I meant to say Vice.

Oh I know, I said that earlier.

It was registered after the story was published but before ManuvSteele posted his screenshot. The /Locked folder was never mentioned in the VICE article, it first appeard in ManuvSteele's tweeted cell phone pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back