578     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 279     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOIS information for fordmoreyears.com:***

Domain Name: FORDMOREYEARS.COM
Creation Date: 2013-10-11 18:38:31Z <--- Interesting, eh?
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-10-11 18:38:31Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrant Name: EVRIM DELEN
Registrant Organization: -
Registrant City: TORONTO
Registrant State/Province: ONTARIO
Registrant Country: CA
Admin Name: EVRIM DELEN
Admin Organization: -
Admin City: TORONTO
Admin State/Province: ONTARIO
Admin Country: CA
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: DNS-EVRIM@SNKMAIL.COM
Tech Name: EVRIM DELEN
Tech Organization: -
Tech City: TORONTO
Tech State/Province: ONTARIO
Tech Country: CA
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: DNS-EVRIM@SNKMAIL.COM

"Ford again offered a sneak peek at what appears to be one of his reelection slogans. “We’re on the right path, and it’s only going to get better with time.."

It sounds like something an abusive husband would say to his wife during an attempt at reconciliation.

Last edited:
Rob Ford is cheap. He's a multimillionaire and continued driving a relatively inexpensive Chevrolet Uplander minivan from the mid 2000s until his brother bought him an Escalade. It makes him look pragmatic, but his stingy voting record reveals he's just a miser.

The Escalade is a lease through Deco, "Doug" pays the lease.

Regardless of whether or not anybody was/will be let go I think it's safe to assume that the Toronto Star probably notified Ford's office that they were going to release the David Price GO station video and probably asked for a comment. That information certainly could have led to the types of heated internal conversations alluded to by MetroMan over the last few days.
I don't know. I can't imagine Ford being all that pissed about this. If anything, he'd be more likely pissed at GO

The City's HR department must just cringe, because you really can't just willy nilly go around firing people. I wonder how much of that big pot of money Rob has saved us is going towards severance packages. Respect for the taxpayer, indeed.

Not to derail this thread, but I think that is a very interesting question. My armchair take on it is that lots of people grow up in dysfunctional families, and the #1 survival strategy in a dysfunctional family is denial. By the time you reach voting-age adulthood, you have been well-trained to not to see things as they are, not to look too closely, and definitely not to point out problems, inconsistencies, etc, even if you do notice them. This is extends to many ills in society; there are many things we simply do not face head-on.

So, I think plain old habitual denial is at least part of what's in play with the Fords. It's easier, in a weird way, to dismiss all this stuff, than to think that the person you believed in enough to vote for might not be so great after all. Much like it's easier to rationalize a parent's workaholism than to recognize that the parent really does care more about their work than their kids. Ugly truths are hard to look at.

Having worked with abused kids, I wouldn't be surprised if the Fords came from a severely dysfunctional family. Looking at the sister especially makes me wonder.
Denial only works to a certain depth of trauma. Then the alcohol and drugs take over. If you want to see what parental templates children grow up with, look to their partners as adults.

Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:

The owner of that domain worked on the Glen Murray leadership campaign.
He also did database management for several Liberal MPPs in 2009.

Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:

I only get a placeholder.

I don't know. I can't imagine Ford being all that pissed about this. If anything, he'd be more likely pissed at GO

Fair enough - but I was thinking more along the lines that it would further inflame the debate (between Ford and Provost) of whether Price should or should not be fired.

Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:

Ev's a good guy and an reasoned, logical thinker who regularly posts facts to counter Ford's idiocy on Twitter, including many pro-LRT info graphics (like this https://plus.google.com/110499885490625339676/posts/DC77trcfzzi). I'm guessing he bought it to avoid Ford using it.

View attachment 19249

Using the Official Mayor of Toronto's twitter to campaign blatantly. He has NO respect for election laws. Not like we didn't already know that, but how can people even defend this?[/QUOTE]

I am not a fan of the guy but seriously? Ford has been campaign since he was elected 3 years ago. That is what the magnets and business cards are about. Every councillor (left and right) campaigns from the moment they are elected. Check their office budgets online. They spend large amounts of their office budgets writing and sending newsletters keeping their constituents informed but also as a tool of getting them reelected. Just like the weekly email Ford sends out. This is politics. He is allowed to use his twitter account to reach out to his constituents because yes there were 383,501 who went out and voted for him like it or not. Getting mad about a stupid tweet, sent out by his staff who run the account isn't going to throw him out of office. It will be a slap on the wrist.

The last few elections federal and municipal have shown that our election laws are toothless. Violators must apologize for breaking them, maybe pay a small fine. Even then, it's years after the election, possibly even beyond the end of the term.

Its provincial too. Politics is a dirty game. All Parties do it because the laws have made it too easy to do. Any one who has ever campaigned no the rules and now how to... step around them.

For me, the worst financial impact of Ford on the city will be the massive increase in wage costs at the TPS. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-vote-for-11-per-cent-pay-hike/article580989/

By the time the 11% increase of the latest contract is fully in place in 2015, the average cost before benefits of a 1st class TPS officer will be over $75K annually. At this rate of increase, by 2020, the average TPS officer will be making more than double the average Canadian full-time wage.

In NYC, the average police officer costs $43,000 before benefits. Imagine how many more police Toronto could hire if we paid like NY's finest. Or, how much we could save if paid the same force size the NYC cost.

If Rob Ford was truly a fiscal conservative, he would have led a roll back, not increase in TPS costs.

The City's HR department must just cringe, because you really can't just willy nilly go around firing people. I wonder how much of that big pot of money Rob has saved us is going towards severance packages. Respect for the taxpayer, indeed.

No Rob would be pissed. He loves putting the blame on staff and for once the head line isn't about him. Dave is close with Doug. I will keep stressing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back