889     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 801     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 331     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I think Taverner screwed the pooch trying to go easy on his pal, and then when Blair found out, he took over and put his best man on the case to try and bring the thing home.
It could explain why Sandro Lisi was arrested in Taverner's 23rd division, but was processed in 22nd division.

My thing is that I find it hard to believe the bulk of the police force suddenly discovered that the Ford brothers were involved in nefarious activities and are now 'on the case'.

It *seems* that it was a open secret (to some circles) that they have been involved in seedy activities for coming up on decades at this point.

I maintain what I said earlier, Blair wants to avoid the civic embarrassment of arresting a mayor if at all possible and anything beyond that most heinous of crimes will not be prosecuted.

They're not going to charge him with using or purchasing (amounts for personal use). That's just the way it is.

In terms of crime-drama city-wide illegal activities, it's hard to think that the police have not been aware of them for some time. I refuse to beleive it's a simple matter of Ron T running interference for them and Blair suddenly getting wind of it. That solution is way too pat.

Like, I said before there are a lot of race/class/old money factors at play.

Just my opinion.

Hope I'm wrong.

Media have encountered some far out stuff about Doug while investigating these stories, but nothing they can publish without hard evidence. The main mandate is to investigate the mayor at this point. Doug lives right near Richview Plaza. He's listed on 411 under his wife's initial. You'll see a bunch of big cars in his driveway, including one with the plate number MR DECO. Randy lives at the mom's house.

I guess this is Doug's house? Just as classy as his disposition. https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=6+Tettenhall+Rd+Etobicoke&hl=en&ll=43.675337,-79.543633&spn=0.006875,0.013937&sll=43.684508,-79.475441&sspn=0.054993,0.111494&t=h&gl=ca&hnear=6+Tettenhall+Rd,+Toronto,+Toronto+Division,+Ontario+M9A+2R4&z=17&layer=c&cbll=43.675256,-79.545759&panoid=fwT49e8e_K0Zlb25Jre2hA&cbp=12,299.63,,0,-6.98

In terms of crime-drama city-wide illegal activities, it's hard to think that the police have not been aware of them for some time. I refuse to beleive it's a simple matter of Ron T running interference for them and Blair suddenly getting wind of it. That solution is way too pat.

Like, I said before there are a lot of race/class/old money factors at play.

Just my opinion.

Hope I'm wrong.

I agree with these statements. I believe if Ron T was running interference for the Fords (and I believe there is a strong possibility of this) it was not without the knowledge and approval of Bill Blair.

The key question for me is when did Bill Blair learn that Rob Ford was associating with drug dealers and Somalian gang members and what did Blair do in response to this information?

When he found out that the Mayor (essentially his boss) was potentially involved with some of the worse criminals in the city did Blair immediately bring in the OPP so as to eliminate any appearance of a conflict of interest? This is what he should have done (and for all we know the OPP could be providing oversight). If Blair did not bring in the OPP and instead kept the investigation of the Mayor in-house there is good reason to call into question the actions (or inaction's) of Toronto Police with respect to the investigation of Rob Ford.

For instance we know that Ron T was in charge of project Traveller (at least up until the massive raid). I am sure it was no secret to Bill Blair that Ron T is a close friend of the Ford family. If Blair was aware (as he would have been!) that the subjects of the Project Traveller investigation were known associates of Mayor Ford why would Blair allow a friend of the Ford family to be in charge of the investigation? These are questions that the Toronto Star is not asking because to the Star Bill Blair is some god-like figure that can do no wrong.

It was almost a year ago that the picture of Ford with his arms around the two drug dealers was taken outside of a home that we now know Police had under surveillance at the time. Police had knowledge of Fords alleged criminal activities months before Gawker broke the crack video story and yet Ford managed to avoid getting arrested all this time?

Last edited:
I agree with these statements. I believe if Ron T was running interference for the Fords (and I believe there is a strong possibility of this) it was not without the knowledge and approval of Bill Blair.

Based on what evidence exactly? Beyond the idea that you think Tavener is not simply de facto corrupt because of a personal friendship with Ford, or that the OPP aren't already involved?

Based on what evidence exactly? Beyond the idea that you think Tavener is not simply de facto corrupt because of a personal friendship with Ford, or that the OPP aren't already involved?

Just the fact that he would not recuse himself from an investigation involving drug dealers and gang members that are known associates of the Mayor leads me to be suspicious. I have no evidence that he is corrupt.

I still don't see it. Project Traveler had a set group of targets they picked up, police observed more was going on with Ford's posse, set up Project Brazen II, gave Giroux the portfolio, end of. MM's sources for example point to something even bigger than Ford. Why would Blair want to give up on a role in one of the most important busts in Toronto, if not Canadian history, on account of Ron fucking Tavener?

Look at his campaign finance filings, which, by the way, show that he way overspent the legal limit. But I don't know enough about municipal campaign finance laws in Ontario, because I can't be the first person to have noticed that.

My guess is that's his daughter's house. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that he didn't list Deco as his address.

Regarding Taverner:

I've suspected, just from personal bias I guess, that he's been involved in this from the get go. His name has come up numerous times regarding different occurrences throughout this saga. When you see his name repeatedly in stories involving Ford and his friends and it's been confirmed that he's close with the Fords, I think it's reasonable that people have become suspicious.

Streetview sometimes show the wrong house. This is #20, you need to scroll right.

Yep, Google street view is showing wrong house. Travel a few houses west. Doug Ford's house is the largest on the street and there are two Mustang convertibles parked in the driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back