2013: lots of media jobs. lots.

:rolleyes:

It is a bit easier to understand when you break it down annually:

2011:

2012:

2013: lots of media jobs. lots.

:rolleyes:

JOBS! JOBS! JOBS! That's right folks we've gotten jobs! :p

(I just realized that we have Steve Ballmer for a mayor.)

So glad he's got those new PR staffers

Ford tweeted out a link to the video, titled "Summer of Ford," and it is currently being streamed on a massive big-screen television in the window of Ford's office at City Hall.

Missing from the video are scenes of the mayor ducking questions about an alleged crack video, images from the aforementioned alleged crack video, infamous public appearances in which a stumbling mayor appears to be intoxicated, or a montage of all the staff members resigning from his office over the summer.
:) :)

JOBS! JOBS! JOBS! That's right folks we've gotten jobs! :p

(I just realized that we have Steve Ballmer for a mayor.)
Yep. Steve Ballmer got Steve Jobs.
tongue.png

Read here: http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/12...ting-offering-at-least-200-for-ipad-trade-in/

Trade in an iPad for a discount on Surface.

Here as well: http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/13...e-windows-phone-videos-of-questionable-taste/

Microsoft does more take-thats to Apple.

Now replace Microsoft with Ford Nation and Apple with Downtown Progressives and we get the idea.

Last edited:
I don't quite know what they're thinking - 200 for an underpowered, overpriced and soon to be obsolete piece of junk? As if Win8 hasn't taught them a lesson (and yes, I am using it, sadly). Like honestly, MS is fast becoming as pathetic and irrevelant as the subject of the thread.

AoD

I don't quite know what they're thinking - 200 for an underpowered, overpriced and soon to be obsolete piece of junk? As if Win8 hasn't taught them a lesson (and yes, I am using it, sadly). Like honestly, MS is fast becoming as pathetic and irrevelant as the subject of the thread.

AoD
AoD, I just updated my post to mention another "attack the groin of your opponent" moment for Microsoft: http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/13/microsoft-posts-anti-apple-windows-phone-videos-of-questionable-taste/

Now replace Microsoft with Ford Nation and Apple with Downtown Progressives and we get the idea.

AoD

You can sell a second generation iPad for more than $300. Apple products retain their value incredibly well. I can not exaggerate this. My old MacBook lost only $250 in resale value in two years of ownership. It's one of the reasons I recommend people buy them.

You can sell a second generation iPad for more than $300. Apple products retain their value incredibly well. I can not exaggerate this. My old MacBook lost only $250 in resale value in two years of ownership. It's one of the reasons I recommend people buy them.
I must agree. That is also why I am typing this on my early 2013 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display. I buy a new laptop every three years.

I have spoke with many fellow MacBook users and they all say that in the long run, it is much cheaper to sell an old MacBook and buy a new MacBook every few years than buying a comparable Windows laptop every few years, as Windows laptops' values depreciate extremely quickly like most cheap cars. MacBooks just have a rather high initial price and after that, upgrading becomes comparatively inexpensive.

This is why there is still strong demand for MacBooks that are a few years old that within the same amount of time, comparable Windows computers are given out for free and almost nobody would want them.

Last edited:
TTM:

I am not selling my iPad 2 (will be giving it away as a pass-along when iPad 5 gets announced) but $300? That's rather high - are we talking about the 64GB model?

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back