271     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 389     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have a day with no posts rather than some recent nonsense that's been on here.

First-time poster saying straighten it out.

Cool, you know about *something*

Applause.

What about a second time poster with feelings of resentment? I only care to hear about RoFo's TO.

Maybe Metroman can manage to re-rail the track?

Yes, I know it has to do with the fine - however, I just don't get the relationship. It's not like she's being given a tax break - she's still out $500 minus whatever refund

Just to clarify, she won't get a charitable receipt. To qualify for a tax receipt for making a gift to charity, the gift must be voluntary to meet CRA requirements. A court-ordered donation therefore does not qualify.

Just to clarify, she won't get a charitable receipt. To qualify for a tax receipt for making a gift to charity, the gift must be voluntary to meet CRA requirements. A court-ordered donation therefore does not qualify.
This may be true but I bet all charities send out receipts for all donations (to satisfy their auditors if nothing else) and that the CRA accepts whatever official charity receipts one has. If it were $5 million they might look into it, for $500 they won't.

Except it wasn't "court ordered". She voluntarily made a charitable donation and the crown voluntarily withdrew the charge. The court was involved only to the extent that the crown halted its court proceeding.
The case is a legal nullity.

It's not about the fee you pay, it's about the rights you earn. It's a bit glib to be a non-contributor and feel entitled to direct the content of the thread. It's quite another if you contribute on a regular basis.

Oh please. Nobody "earns the right" to talk about 70s music and iPad resale values in a thread about Rob Ford's Toronto. If anything, veterans should be enforcing thread discipline not discouraging new voices from joining the conversation.

There's a "post new thread" button for a reason - and as you keep telling us, you've clearly been around long enough to know where it is.

Last edited:
What about a second time poster with feelings of resentment? I only care to hear about RoFo's TO.

Maybe Metroman can manage to re-rail the track?

Oh please. Nobody "earns the right" to talk about 70s music and iPad resale values in a thread about Rob Ford's Toronto. If anything, veterans should be enforcing thread discipline not discouraging new voices from joining the conversation.

There's a "post new thread" button for a reason - and as you keep telling us, you've clearly been around long enough to know where it is.

Speaking of a rat hole... It seems some people need a nap.

Anyway, I assume that Robbie didn't show up in court? Although the Crown dropped the charges, I would like to know if the Fords had something to it. I'm sure that they would not like to revisit a situation that would prove them the aggressors yet again. Accusations like "intoxication" and "mental illness" would have to be proven, especially by Dougie.

It all smells like a PR campaign to me, not dissimilar to someone's actions in a certain park. :)

I'm talking about earning the right to complain about the content of the thread. My comment was precisely directed at the guy who joined and his first post said "First time poster saying straighten it out".

It's a good thing apple switched to mass produced intel hardware, now it's easier then ever to run OSX on a cheap PC, switch to Linux when you need high uptime or any flavor of windows when you need compatibility.
I work in broadcasting and the only Apple branded computers are the one or two macs in the graphics design department....mostly for the old timers.

I work in television and just came off of a top-tier series where all eight members of the art department drove Macs. Two of them were under 30 and the oldest was in his mid-60s. We were using them for graphics - and set design and motion playback.

Edit: sorry, just came back from a couple of days out of town, saw the above post and had to repsond. Off topic, I know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back