1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how he was said to arrive at the Garrison Ball, the Sarah Thomson ass-grabbing event, and the Orthodox house party for the Eruv, in a string of weekends last spring. Now we're seeing it out in the open.

The Rob Ford thread has over 18,000 posts and over 1.1M views.

It must be because he is extremely interesting (for all the wrong reasons).

This is an extremely entertaining thread. I wonder what controversy would the Fords be in next?

When I started this thread, I never imagined it would have this staying power. I thought that Ford would inevitably be caught in one of his trademark Councillor Ford boneheaded moves that didn't register in the news because of his then lower profile but would make headlines as Mayor and that soon after, Toronto would be packing Nathan Phillips Square demanding he step down. I didn't account for the Toronto media being so obligingly impotent nor for the heartbreaking stupidity of a large part of the electorate.

Yet, I'm convinced that Toronto needed Rob Ford. Making mistakes is a part of growing up and Toronto is just getting out of that awkward growth phase where a 20 something hasn't yet realized that they've become an adult. Depending on whether we've learned our lesson, Toronto may be ready to join the ranks of global cities.

Someone I know met Rob Ford. The following facebook post from my feed has been censored because I don't want the guy to be harassed:

WbDIM8j.jpg

"Slurring" Rob Ford causes stir at street festival
Mayor’s behaviour at Taste of the Danforth renews public allegations of substance abuse

http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=193911

forddanforth_large.jpg

Photo credit: Twitter user @jaimecastillo

Roughly 20 or 30 minutes after Ford left his vehicle, according to Mala, about four or five of his staffers showed up with "at least" 10 police officers in tow. Mala says the aides appeared worried.

"When they arrived they seemed very concerned," he said.

"It just looked like they couldn't' control him
. He wanted to go, so everybody went with him."

Some staff members whispered in the mayor's ear but Mala did not hear what they said.

Last edited:
"Rob Ford wasn't drinking tonight" say those following him around the Danforth. Well then, it's that other thing.

I think it is that "other thing", or something like it. Notice how at 1:16 he wipes his nose and sniffles? He's jittery AND sloppy. This would indicate a somewhat drunk man high on powder cocaine. At least he's a rich man using a rich man's drug.

[EDIT]In fact, after he wipes his nose, another man points at it, and that's when he starts walking away. C'mon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back