2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 787     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I despise Rob Ford, but agree that throwing stuff at him in public only feeds into his victim complex. I'd get more satisfaction seeing some worthy candidate hand his ass to him (and puppet master big brother) come election time.

To be fair, until her court date, and the witnesses come forward we don't even know Ford was the intended target. Not a fat thing, but being that close and missing a man that large?

Also, Ford and company chasing her down, I doubt Ford running after her, I see that as a statement of a placement.

I wonder if they informed her of an arrest.

Arrest without warrant by any person

494. (1) Any one may arrest without warrant

(a) a person whom he finds committing an indictable offence; or

(b) a person who, on reasonable grounds, he believes

(i) has committed a criminal offence, and

(ii) is escaping from and freshly pursued by persons who have lawful authority to arrest that person.

Arrest by owner, etc., of property

(2) Any one who is

(a) the owner or a person in lawful possession of property, or

(b) a person authorized by the owner or by a person in lawful possession of property,

may arrest without warrant a person whom he finds committing a criminal offence on or in relation to that property.

Delivery to peace officer

(3) Any one other than a peace officer who arrests a person without warrant shall forthwith deliver the person to a peace officer.

To be fair, until her court date, and the witnesses come forward we don't even know Ford was the intended target.

I didn't see it, so how do I know it even happened? Perhaps the whole thing has been faked...

More seriously, while I despise what Ford's personal and political failings have done to this city, assault is assault. This is not the way to protest.

I was walking on Spadina last night and saw this...

photo.JPG

Pardon the quality, I didn't want to pick it up. So it says "Rob Ford Mayor". I don't think anybody here is in doubt that Rob Ford is campaigning. He's making campaign statements, has already said that "the campaign starts tomorrow" after his CoI trial, and he's going around making appearances, kissing babies and handing out campaign material.

He may be safe on a technicality, but Ford is pushing his luck. With a collection of recent graduates running his office, his senior advisors all gone including those who ran his campaign and a brother who enables Rob's emotional actions, it's highly likely that Ford is going to slip and break an election law. The idiot is setting himself up for a charge that could get him banned from running in the next election. Stop it you numbskull! I want Rob Ford to run in the next election and get a good ass whooping. He needs to be set straight and there's no better way than a burning reality check from the very people who he claims support him.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 441
Excellent points, MetroMan.

Wouldn't using his home phone number contravene office expense laws?

Unless the city pays his home phone bill, that means it is an illegal out of pocket expense.

For my part, I want The Star to just lay off for a while.

I don't mean they should stop writing their RF exposes. I just mean that I am getting fed up with clicking onto their website and seeing RF's mug looking back at me. It's getting to be beyond disgusting. It makes me want to quit reading news altogether. And that is a sorry pass.

Make it stop, make it stop.

I didn't see it, so how do I know it even happened? Perhaps the whole thing has been faked...

More seriously, while I despise what Ford's personal and political failings have done to this city, assault is assault. This is not the way to protest.

I never said anything was faked. But since the current discussions are all concerned about proof, and the Fords themselves are infamous for "good facts"... so how can one be sure of anything until it's presented in court, with the penalty of perjury. Look at all the "slander/libel" accusations of the Fords, but they always find excuses so they don't have to "put their money where their mouth is" so to speak.

Quid pro quo. Dougie talks about "glass houses", I don't think he actually knows what the saying means, just look at his actions.

There are innuendos on both sides.

I never knew the Fords accommodate Muslims with halal food (but again, alcohol would be served as well, which is not halal).

Since food is repeated twice, pork would be available as well.

The Fords would have an extremely difficult time if they had to have an all-Halal diet for a week (which means being sober for a week as well).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back