1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revisited the photo of Rob Ford and friends in the driveway and noticed that his head seems to be pasted on his body rather awkwardly. His head appears to be about 3" or 4" lower and a bit off centre to his right than it should be. I understand that this photo is not a cell from the infamous video but why does he appear rather Quasimodo-ish if not because of sloppy cut & paste work?

Please suspend your positions on the latest unpleasantness and take a critical look, what do you think?

I see that as just poor posture and/or the involuntary tendency some people have to tilt their heads/look where they think the camera is.

If the head/face is shopped, is the sweatshirt as well?

Revisited the photo of Rob Ford and friends in the driveway and noticed that his head seems to be pasted on his body rather awkwardly. His head appears to be about 3" or 4" lower and a bit off centre to his right than it should be. I understand that this photo is not a cell from the infamous video but why does he appear rather Quasimodo-ish if not because of sloppy cut & paste work?

Please suspend your positions on the latest unpleasantness and take a critical look, what do you think?

You have a point, however, it is still possible for Rob to be slightly leaning forward with his head slightly craned upwards for his head to be in that position.

Rob Ford's head is unique, the sweatshirt is not.

The sweat shot is an establishing item, he has had at least one photo wearing this item while supposedly jogging in the snow.

I agree with this. I think if they pay property taxes then they deserve a vote.

Agreed.

You mean we might not have Doug Ford to kick around anymore? From The Star, at this link:

Anything else?

I wonder if Dougie knows, a) Hudak doesn't really want him, b) Pandering between provincial and municipal government (partisan and non-partisan), especially for nepotism is, at least, an ethics violation.

At best Dougie will just be a small fish in a big pond.

---

Anyway... HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!

Last edited:
You mean we might not have Doug Ford to kick around anymore? From The Star, at this link:

Anything else?

Thank Gawd! One Ford down. The other is...

fordgif.gif

...well, he'll take care of it himself.

If that was a realistic possibility, then Ford would have denied he was in the picture, particularly after it became clear it was taken at a house that he was known to frequent.

It just occurred to me: be careful what you wish for. Who will Rob and Doug be parachuting into Ward 2? Not Randy I hope (though you just never know with this family) but you bet whoever is on Rob Ford's "roaster" will have a pretty much shoe in chance of winning. Regardless of how much of a train wreck that Rob's been as Mayor, he was a responsive councillor and his retail style resonated with his constituents.

I won't read too much into this news because we all know that Doug never liked the job. He quickly realized that neither being councillor nor Mayor entitles you to being King of Toronto. Soon after, it became apparent that he had lost interest. I don't think it was a strategic move but that doesn't prevent them from strategizing going forward. If there were a strategy beforehand, Doug could have run to hold his brother's ward 2 seat then when Rob's Mayor re-election fails, Doug would quit and a by-election would be called, one that Rob would easily win. That's the good news in this: When Rob Ford doesn't win re-election, he's out of City Hall ... finally. Gone. *sigh*.

You're right. It does look awkward. However, tens of thousands of people have seen that image. If it was fake, it would have been quickly spotted. Furthermore, the Fords haven't denied taking the photo.

If that was a realistic possibility, then Ford would have denied he was in the picture, particularly after it became clear it was taken at a house that he was known to frequent.

Exactly, Ford never denied that being a photograph of himself, in fact he pretty much indicated that it was him by statements he made about the photo.

Become a citizen if you want your say, otherwise, leave it to those people that care enough to make a commitment to this country, and our way of life.

Same reason people live common law rather than "get married".

Who cares...if we are all here, we are all citizens. If we are all living here, why wouldn't we all have a say? I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of democracy, but at least I subscribe to some of basics.

And what's this "our way of life" crap? People can subscribe to any way of life they please.

You're right. It does look awkward. However, tens of thousands of people have seen that image. If it was fake, it would have been quickly spotted. Furthermore, the Fords haven't denied taking the photo.

I remember one of the tv networks sent this image by an expert, and they said it didn't look fake. I don't remember the exact link, but I think it was CTV.

I wonder what the chances are of Doug Ford running as a maverick independent populist a la Andre Arthur in the event that he's nixed for the PC nomination...

You're a month late.

http://globalnews.ca/news/571733/forensic-analysis-is-the-rob-ford-photo-real/

Ah, it was that article I was thinking of. Wasn't CTV, but Global.

Anyways, Doug Ford no longer running is a good thing. Let him go back to Chicago and deal with his own business.

I think maybe Krista Ford would be a better fit for Doug`s vacant spot on council. Doug could still have his opinions aired indirectly, (you know how clueless female politicians are) but wouldn`t be quite so bothered by those annoying things he deals with today, like the press and ethics and being unfairly judged for co-managing the mayor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back