195     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 378     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
not practically impossible: totally impossible.
see above: there are no totally believable CGI HUMANS. none.
are there animals? yes.
are there cars, and a million other inaminate objects? of course.
a human being moving in space? absolutely not.
There are barely believable CGI animals. The reason Life Of Pi won the Oscar is because they got really, really close.

And again, for an example of the difficulty in creating convincing CGI humans I refer people back to the fake young Jeff Bridges in Tron:Legacy--$200 million and they still couldn't pull it off.

An unelected Premier just got rid of the best head of the OLGC

Premiers aren't elected, parties are. And the Liberal Party was certainly elected.

What a pathetic double standard.

Please elaborate on that. I don't see how this could possibly be misconstrued as a double standard

Ford is a moron, but his hard core critics are just as dumb.

What a broad, sweeping statement. Especially considering the basis for it was the same "unelected Premier" crap I have been hearing from all sorts of people who can't comprehend party politics (not to imply you are one - your short statement not being enough for me to make an assessment). You don't just call an election because a leader steps down or even dies. A party won the 2011 election, not a single person - and certainly not Tim Hudak.

An unelected Premier just got rid of the best head of the OLGC ever (who worked for free) and the ENTIRE board resigned, but this bothers you so much more eh?

What a pathetic double standard.

Ford is a moron, but his hard core critics are just as dumb.

Premiers aren't elected by the populace. They're elected by party members. Parties are elected by the people.

But I'm starting to feel like "un-elected Premier" is a buzz word that the conservatives are trying to make stick. Do you guys get a newsletter with this stuff or something?

Last edited:
And whether some of you like or not, Rob Ford was elected. Deal with it. Plan for a couple years and vote him out.

It has gotten so pathetic that people are trying to link Ford with the Mafia now. It has become laughable.

Rob Ford won the last election. He was elected by the people of Toronto. And the funniest thing of all is I bet he gets voted in again. The provincial Liberals blew billions.....the federal Conservatives are a rotted bunch..... but forget them.... Rob Ford and the "Mafia" are what should keep us up at night.

And whether some of you like or not, Rob Ford was elected. Deal with it. Plan for a couple years and vote him out.

It has gotten so pathetic that people are trying to link Ford with the Mafia now. It has become laughable.

Rob Ford won the last election. He was elected by the people of Toronto. And the funniest thing of all is I bet he gets voted in again. The provincial Liberals blew billions.....the federal Conservatives are a rotted bunch..... but forget them.... Rob Ford and the "Mafia" are what should keep us up at night.

Nixon was elected too. So was Marion Berry. So was Jerry Springer. Funny how a criminal investigation can put a crimp in an elected candidate's mandate.

Nixon was elected too. So was Marion Berry. So was Jerry Springer. Funny how a criminal investigation can put a crimp in an elected candidate's mandate.

Is there a criminal investigation I'm not aware of? The Toronto Police are actually quite fond of Mayor Ford. Highly unlikely they'll start an investigation.

In Marion Berry's case the tape actually surfaced and he admitted what he did.

As for Nixon, McGuinty and Harper resemble him a lot more than Ford.

And Springer is a "progressive"...like the ppl now trying to link Ford to the Mafia.

Don't forget Jesse Ventura and Arnold Schwarzenegger

An unelected Premier just got rid of the best head of the OLGC ever
Paul Godfrey - who seems to have single handed tried to destroy the racing industry in this province? Who explicitly ignored instructions not to offer Toronto a different deal than other cities were getting?

Paul Godfrey deserved to be fired.

And how can you be so ignorant to suggest that Wynne was not elected. She was elected in the same manner as our previous premier, in the last election. Do you really not understand how our political system works?

How is Wynne any different than Premier Eves?

Rob Ford won the last election. He was elected by the people of Toronto.

There's a stat that shows voter turnout was (unfortunately) around 50%. Of that percentage, Ford won the vote with 47%, which means something like 23% of Torontians actually elected him.

...the best head of the OLGC ever (who worked for free)

I'm sure you also believe Steve Jobs worked for free too (since his salary was also listed as $1 per year).

You know the mafia connection - or shall we be more PC and call it "organized crime" - has also been raised vis-a-vis Doug's "wholesale" supplier of heroin in the 80s? Not holding that out as any form of proof, but just as a element that suggests such a connection isn't outside of the realm of possibilities.

Regarding Rob being elected, well, yay, bully for him. Unfortunately winning an election does not exempt you from criticism, nor grant you the right to behave any way you like without any consequences. In fact, if anything, it means you need to be more responsible, in respect of those who have voted for you. And every elected official has a target on their back from day one, if only from their opponents' most fanatical supporters.

Lastly, i don't understand why you post on a thread called "Mayor Rob Ford's Toronto" whining that other posters are focussing on Rob Ford and not discussing many of the other political crises. Those should probably show up in other threads, n'est pas?

Blabbing about an "unelected premier" is like blabbing about a "Kenyan president".

Bingo. It comes across as a deliberate feint, an organized talking point, and, to the extent it highlights someone's poor faith commitment to debate, a credibility buster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back