224     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 377     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 576     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blabbing about an "unelected premier" is like blabbing about a "Kenyan president".

Bingo. It comes across as a deliberate feint, an organized talking point, and, to the extent it highlights someone's poor faith commitment to debate, a credibility buster.

And whether some of you like or not, Rob Ford was elected. Deal with it. Plan for a couple years and vote him out.

Sixteen months to be precise - if he survives that, so it's yet to be seen.

Rob Ford won the last election. He was elected by the people of Toronto. And the funniest thing of all is I bet he gets voted in again. The provincial Liberals blew billions.....the federal Conservatives are a rotted bunch..... but forget them.... Rob Ford and the "Mafia" are what should keep us up at night.

The Conservatives simply "lost" billions.

The corruption in Montreal spans decades. Ford has been Mayor for how long? So if we want to compare Toronto to Montreal, that would mean the corruption has been ongoing for decades. And EVERY single mayor before him (for decades) would have been complicit in corruption, bid rigging etc etc.

To try and link Ford to the Mafia, is RIDICULOUS. Is he a buffoon and a moron? Yes. But this is starting to get ridiculous.

I hope you realize that these things all have a beginning- organized crime is always looking for a way into government. And while Ford may not have a direct link to the mafia, they would certainly enjoy his lapses and oversight.

Unfortunately, if the police love Ford and are willing to cover for him- how far down do these things run?

Last edited:
An unelected Premier just got rid of the best head of the OLGC ever (who worked for free) and the ENTIRE board resigned, but this bothers you so much more eh?

What a pathetic double standard.

Ford is a moron, but his hard core critics are just as dumb.

Were you complaining about an unelected Premier when Mike Harris resigned and Ernie Eves came on board?

An unelected Premier just got rid of the best head of the OLGC ever (who worked for free) and the ENTIRE board resigned, but this bothers you so much more eh?

I was thinking of something here: since when are our hearts supposed to bleed for the OLGC?

Anyhoo, I guess today, it's gonna be another CFRB Ford Fest

katchandhammer.jpg

(substitute "Maggots" for "Kapitan")

Rob Ford is not corrupt. He's incompetent.
"Incompetent" just implies he doesn't get things done, rather than actually break the rules. But his pig-headedness and arrogance often lead him to believe that rules don't apply to him, as we saw with his conflict-of-interest scandal, his nearly non-existent work schedule, his apparent drug use, etc. etc. That's not corruption in the typical sense of doing something that others want from you in exchange for personal gain, but it is an abuse of the office well beyond "incompetent".

FB:

The Toronto Police are actually quite fond of Mayor Ford. Highly unlikely they'll start an investigation.

And therefore it is the "right" thing to do? Was there something said about "double standards"?

As to the OLG business - well, unlike the Premier, the mayor will require the approval of council - therein lies the difference.

AoD

"Incompetent" just implies he doesn't get things done, rather than actually break the rules. But his pig-headedness and arrogance often lead him to believe that rules don't apply to him, as we saw with his conflict-of-interest scandal, his nearly non-existent work schedule, his apparent drug use, etc. etc. That's not corruption in the typical sense of doing something that others want from you in exchange for personal gain, but it is an abuse of the office well beyond "incompetent".

How about "Maleficent Buffoon"?:)

Toronto mayor's other 'crack' scandal: dividing urban-suburban residents

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Amer...rban-residents?nav=87-frontpage-entryNineItem

"And Ford has remained markedly anti-urban in office, which impacts daily life for millions. Despite leading a cosmopolitan city that imagines itself in a European mold, Toronto lags in walkability and quality of life for urbanites.

In particular, Ford has adamantly opposed public transportation funding, even though Toronto’s system is so outdated and underfunded that the average round trip commute is 98 minutes per day – and this in a city almost half the size of New York City, where the average commute is two-thirds as long. The gridlock caused by competing cars and streetcars costs the city $6 billion in productivity each year, according to the Toronto Region Board of Trade.

And all but the bravest Torontonians can forget about biking to work: The city has the nation’s highest rate of cyclist collisions. Only a small handful of streets have bike lanes – not including a major thoroughfare where Ford applauded the removal of a bike lane last year – and police often pass by taxis and cars parked in the middle of those lanes."

Last edited:

What a pathetic double standard.

Mind your manners. This is the 'Rob Ford's Toronto' thread, where this sort of thing is supposed to go.

The Liberal Party is following protocol since the departure of McGuinty, so your 'unelected' jibe about Wynne is both fallicious and juvenile. As for my other opions about what the Liberals have done, specifically under McGuinty, I do not owe you an explanation. However, to calm your nerves I will say that I rank the virtues of that inert clot of climbers somewhere between those of bedbugs and intestinal parasites.

Now, back to Ford, if you will...

Toronto mayor's other 'crack' scandal: dividing urban-suburban residents

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Amer...rban-residents?nav=87-frontpage-entryNineItem

"And Ford has remained markedly anti-urban in office, which impacts daily life for millions. Despite leading a cosmopolitan city that imagines itself in a European mold, Toronto lags in walkability and quality of life for urbanites.

In particular, Ford has adamantly opposed public transportation funding, even though Toronto’s system is so outdated and underfunded that the average round trip commute is 98 minutes per day – and this in a city almost half the size of New York City, where the average commute is two-thirds as long. The gridlock caused by competing cars and streetcars costs the city $6 billion in productivity each year, according to the Toronto Region Board of Trade.

And all but the bravest Torontonians can forget about biking to work: The city has the nation’s highest rate of cyclist collisions. Only a small handful of streets have bike lanes – not including a major thoroughfare where Ford applauded the removal of a bike lane last year – and police often pass by taxis and cars parked in the middle of those lanes."

Interesting article, and Ford is complicit, to a point. The greater context for this short subject is Ford's blasé attitude.

Mind your manners. This is the 'Rob Ford's Toronto' thread, where this sort of thing is supposed to go.

The Liberal Party is following protocol since the departure of McGuinty, so your 'unelected' jibe about Wynne is both fallacious and juvenile. As for my other opinions about what the Liberals have done, specifically under McGuinty, I do not owe you an explanation. However, to calm your nerves I will say that I rank the virtues of that inert clot of climbers somewhere between those of bedbugs and intestinal parasites.

Now, back to Ford, if you will...

You have to love misguided attempts at misdirection. Don't look at the man behind the curtain, this juggling seal is much more entertaining.

I find the peoples misunderstanding of Mayoral politics much more annoying; democracy confuses people.

Last edited:

Try "uncompetent".

You have to love misguided attempts at misdirection. Don't look at the man behind the curtain, this juggling seal is much more entertaining.

I find the peoples misunderstanding of Mayoral politics much more annoying; democracy confuses people.

It is usually not a misunderstanding, but switching between moral, ethical, and legal arguements. The only way for Ford to be removed is if he is jailed. Does this mean we do not discuss anything unless he is jailed. All the arguements being made against Ford are ethical and moral arguements and almost everyone agrees that there is not enough evidence for a criminal charge.

The same way, arguements against the Provincial and Federal goverments are also not truly legal or democratic arguements. In some way, you could say all are equally democratic since people have the freedom to voice opinion, within the limits of libel and slander laws. The only place where the constant discussion could make a difference is Provincially, where there is a minority government and discussion that leads to the NDP changing their support would trigger a democratic election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back