News   Jul 15, 2020
 138     0 
News   Jul 14, 2020
 2.5K     2 
News   Jul 14, 2020
 468     0 

Roads: Six Points Interchange Reconfiguration (City of Toronto, UC)

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
A survey is now available on the City's Six Points webpage, with ten shortlisted street names from which they'll pick three. Appallingly, Rob Ford's name is amongst those on the list. Anyone involved with that decision is not fit to hold a job at the City.

Thanks for that. Voted my preferences, and I can assure you that Rob Ford ranked last.

vic

Member Bio
Reaction score
A survey is now available on the City's Six Points webpage, with ten shortlisted street names from which they'll pick three. Appallingly, Rob Ford's name is amongst those on the list. Anyone involved with that decision is not fit to hold a job at the City.

I'm pretty sure that Rob Ford opposed this whole project. Why name any of it after him?

Neutrino

Member Bio
Reaction score
I voted for Ford Street just to trigger y'all

toaster29

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not the right area. If he were to get a street name, it should be in Rexdale, the area he represented as councillor not in/near posh Kingsway.

salsa

Member Bio
Reaction score

And because of this, now Rob Ford is trending on Twitter and attracting attention in local media. With his loyal fan base and high name recognition versus a bunch of names that almost no one has ever heard of, I think the vote is pretty much decided at this point.

adma

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
If it were 60s/70s North York, "Robford Crackway" has a nice ring to it.

Or, when it comes to Etobicoke infamy, there's safety in numbers. So balance it out by naming the other two streets after Harold Ballard and Alan Eagleson.