News   Mar 28, 2024
 132     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     2 

Roads: Six Points Interchange Reconfiguration (City of Toronto, UC)

That'd be fine by me, as long as Dunbloor gets renamed Dundas St W and the stump of Dundas gets renamed something else (Old Dundas? Or is there already one?)

Old Dundas already exists just E of the Humber. (It's the one going diagonally downhill to Lambton House--and it was the Dundas routing until the high-level bridge was built in the late 20s. And I think a low-level bridge still stood here until Hurricane Hazel...)

You're right. The name Old Dundas Street is already taken. I guess they'd have to think of another name for the Dundas Street stump, assuming they change Dunbloor. I guess they could call it Dunbloor, pull the old switcheroo. Or Dunkipling?

Dundas Court?

It may also depend on how they rejig (or not) the street numbering. In which case, it might be just as well that it retain the name Dundas...

Forgot about street numbering. That could get seriously screwed up by this no?

Not necessarily; that could be maintained on the "old" stretch, whatever the naming. (It's been done like that elsewhere.)

i mean on dundas itself, with it looping its going to be longer than before. i guess they'll just use smaller gaps in the numbers when it comes to that.

(1) I guess it'll depend on what they build, and whether it necessitates a Dundas street address...

(2) even if the "old Dundas" cul-de-sac is renamed, that doesn't mean it has to be renumbered...

Well it'll likely be the Dundas loop if that's what the city favors. I doubt residents will prefer something else.

However, this will make Mississauga Transit buses take longer to get to Islington. If anything, they should be going to Kipling once this happens. I honestly can't see the point in them going to Islington at all as it stands. It adds time to get to the subway for no reason. I always just off at the bus stop near Kipling (as many people did) and just got on the subway there. At least you can sit on the train and wait until it leaves.

Yeah, I ended up doing that too the few times I would take routes 1, 81/201 or 3. Plus I can grab coffee at Timmy Ho's.

There are plans for a new regional (read: MT/GO) terminal at Kipling, a sticking point is who would pay for it.

Here are the results of the public survey:

www.toronto.ca/wes/techse...edback.pdf

27 favour the at grade Dundas St Loop
21 favour the do nothing option

which confirms my belief that those opposed to this plan, while the most vocal, do not represent the majority. I hope this shuts up those loudmouths who claim to represent the residents' association.

MT/GO new Terminal will be table at TTC Aug 30 meeting since Islington lands are to be sold to SNC.

MT should take over TTC route 50 since it can provide better service than TTC can in the first place.

All MT routes operating on Burnhamthorpe Rd east of 427 will see 5+ minutes traveling time added to their runtime by going to Kipling. Transit riders getting the shaft.

If Subway Cr is to connect with Albans Rd as proposed, it will have a major impack on both TTC and MT at Kipling Station.

TTC is building a new paking lot at Westwood and it will force the car people to walk a further distance to the current entrance unless a new entrance is built on the east end.

TTC is prepared to build MT/GO 100% if MT does not kick in on the funding.

The whole area will be tight for TTC and MT operations and has no room for any LRT routes.

Why do you keep saying Mississauga Transit going to Kipling would add 5 minutes to transit riders times? If anything it'll SAVE 5 minutes by not having to waste time going to Kipling. Seriously, I have no idea what you're talking about. You do know that Kipling is closer to Mississauga than Islington don't you?

The extra time lost is by going down 427 and getting caught up with the traffic on 427 as well making the left hand turn on to Dundas St.

You can loose more than 5 minutes at peak time easy.

I have done a time study on this.

Once Kipling is built, all MT service will stop at 427 on Burnhamthorpe.

There are 400+ riders who work around Islington and they will see 10+ minutes of extra traveling time added to their current trip as well paying 2 fares compare to one today.

TTC could still house MT at Islington in the new SNC building like they are doing for their own service in the Eglinton tower.

A fair number of MT riders get on and off MT 20 and 26 routes east of 427 today.

Some are take the East Mall bus north. They will have a longer trip now as well more traveling time around 12 minutes or more.

In the end, riders are getting the short end of the stick while TTC see $$$ in their eye.

Kipling is a major issue for TTC own service today without adding MT and GO to the picture.

If TTC extended the subway to Honeydale Mall area and build a new terminal there for everyone, TTC will see better operations for their own service routes as well for their own riders.

The day is coming when 512 will be making a call at Kipling as well MT Dundas LRT and where are you going to put them if the 2 systems have different gauges?

MT Dundas LRT will happen sooner than 512 as it stand now.

Just to let you know, TTC is starting the EA process for extending the 512 to Jane St this summer. It may end up going to Scarlett Rd at the same time which would make more sense to so now. Once that is done, then looking at going west of Scarlett Rd.

Now, has the 512 and the Kipling line been taken in to consideration for this interchange?

The answer is no.

That new housing complex west of Islington is adding a lot of new riders for MT and it is more than I expected in the first place. How is TTC going to deal with these new riders for transit?

Back