News   Aug 02, 2024
 310     1 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 238     0 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 715     0 

Roads: Ontario/GTA Highways Discussion

I love highway expansion as much as the next person, but in a way I can see this as a positive that funds have been going to transit over highways, even under Ford's conservative government. I'm not sure how much it fits in with Conservative ideology, but it does seem pragmatic as transit is the only way to really tackle the congestion we see in Toronto and the GTA.

Given this is for the whole province, GTA transit projects are not that relevant here.

I mean it's how you define it. It's signed as 11, that is for sure. There is no such thing as "Hwy 400A" in terms of signage.

How MTO Technically designates it in it's internal tracking system, who knows. It appears it's still labelled as "400A" as they are still referencing it as such today. That really doesn't matter though as the general public would have no idea. For any relevant purpose for 99.9% of people, It's Highway 11.

Same thing for 401A and 401B. For all relevant purposes, those highways today are Kingston Road and Dougall Parkway, even if MTO still internally labels them as such.

Back