News   May 17, 2024
 222     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 201     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.7K     5 

Roads: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Highway 410 (MTO, U/C, Planned)

Saw the notice for the environmental assessment for the 403/QEW/407 interchange area. It mentions "north to east" and "east to north" ramps. Why is this being done before 401/403/410?

I'm not skilled enough to take pics when driving :(

It's just like talking on your cell phone. You point and shoot at what you want to shoot in the first place.

Done this with the camara on the dash as well in my hand, with no problems other having a car pass you or you have zero time to do it.

Ok if you're driving without a passenger then I don't recommend taking any photos. It's just not safe.

You could make a video though. Just mount your camera on a tripod and attach it to your dashboard. (two sided tape is what works for me.) Just make sure it doesn't obstruct your vision or whatnot.

Hit record before you hit the road and it will film as you drive, When you're done your drive, stop the recording. Use a video editing program to cut out the parts you don't need in the film and you're pretty much good to go.

Should we be drawing the attention of the Mississauga police to this post?

Riiiggght.

First of all, there is no "Mississauga police". Secondly, this would fall under OPP jurisdiction. Thirdly, do you have a name of the driver, make, model, and licence plate? How about date time and direction? Forthly, do you know he was driving? Fiftly, do you think you can report a minor HTA offense after the fact and have it followed up? Finally do you think that the police care? In one word, no.

All I will say on this matter is be careful out there.

I assumed that as he finished with "be careful out there" then the whole thing was wink to the late great Michael Conrad, and it was equally in-jest ...

Because it serves far more potential trips.

More trips than the 401??? I think the 401/403/410 interchange is far busier than the 403/QEW/407. Firstly, there's no toll road at 401/403/410. Secondly, the 410 is always busy. The 401 is always busy as well. I don't buy that this interchange needs completion before 401/403/410 at all.

More trips than the 401??? I think the 401/403/410 interchange is far busier than the 403/QEW/407. Firstly, there's no toll road at 401/403/410. Secondly, the 410 is always busy. The 401 is always busy as well. I don't buy that this interchange needs completion before 401/403/410 at all.

Look at the bigger picture. It doesn't matter how many people use the 401, what matters is how many people will use the ramps (which is what we are discussing). And the 410 has nothing to do with it, you can currently access the 410 from all directions.

Finishing the 403/QEW interchange will allow for two very useful through, long-distance, non-backtracking trips to be made:
QEW-403-407. (Bypass a traffic jam in Oakville or Burlington. I've been on at least 4 intercity buses which have used this route and have had to use Winston Churchill and Upper Middle to do so)
QEW-403-407-401

The only non-backtracking trips that you can't do right now at 403-401 is to and from Eglinton, Eastgate, and Cawthra. Important streets, sure. But not 400-series highways.

Taking the 403 to Hurontario wouldn't involve a lot of backtracking, and would be a lot faster than the driving all the way from the 401 to the 403 down Hurontario.

I'm not saying finishing the QEW-403-407 interchange shouldn't be done. I just think the 401-403-410 should be finished first. It would make it much easier for me to drive to my friends who live off of Cawthra.

MTO dosen't look at locals using this QEW-403-407 interchange, but people outside the area as it would allow another option to bypass the 427 mess or when there is a major shut down on 401 or 403 between 427 and 403/407 section.

Down side to do this, you have to pay a toll to use 407 between the 401 and 403/407 interchange.

Back