News   Apr 23, 2024
 61     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 829     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 284     0 

Roads: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Highway 410 (MTO, U/C, Planned)

And I don't see any provision for the 403 NB to 401 WB either. Strange, considering this is the ultimate cross-section...

And I don't see any provision for the 403 NB to 401 WB either. Strange, considering this is the ultimate cross-section...

Odd. Very odd. I didn't expect the MTO to do half-assed job at this. Maybe they're taking a cue from the TTC?

Construction has very much started. Last night it me 45mins on the 401 west bound to get from the 410 bridge to the hurontario exit!( Should only be 45seconds!) Which was closed, but people were taking it anyway.

The South Access Road to Whittle Road was interesting. Have traffic studies demonstrated a significant amount of truck traffic exiting the 401 eastbound and then turning left at Britannia?

I guess it also provides a convenient route to Kennedy south at times when Hurontario southbound is heavily congested most of the way to Burnhamthorpe.

If you look at the northbound 410 just to the north of the 401 collector lane bridge, you will see a provision on the east side of the bridge where the on ramp will connect. The ramp has been there for years, but never put into service. It is not darken as the new stuff.

Where is the transit lanes for Hurontario????.....................................Oh!!! mix traffic...................................Dumb, Dumb......................................

Then it may have to be a tunnel

I was under the impression that Hurontario will lose one lane in each direction in order to accommodate LRT. With three lanes in each direction over the 401, one assumes the middle lanes will eventually be dedicated transit lanes once the LRT line is built.

If you look at the northbound 410 just to the north of the 401 collector lane bridge, you will see a provision on the east side of the bridge where the on ramp will connect. The ramp has been there for years, but never put into service. It is not darken as the new stuff.

I thought that was the remnant of an old ramp?

Does anyone know exactly how the Hurontario bridge will be built? If they go the same route that McLaughlin went, Hurontario would have to be closed for a while. Traffic would be nuts if thats the case. They could always build the new bridge next to the old one, and then shift traffic onto the new one while demolishing the old, but the plans show the new bridge right on top of the old one.

Great Googly Moogly!

There's a disaster waiting to happen.

LOL................. and very true.

I believe the southbound lane will be torn down first as there is more work and bridges to be built on that side.

2 lanes in both direction for the northbound lane.

Add 10-30 minutes extra travel time.

Southbound traffic could be rerouted over the McLaughlin other than access to the 401.

I think we will see a scenario similar to that of the Mississauga Road interchange widening, with staged construction over an albeit narrowed Hurontario Road across the 401 in the interim, and overnight detours to Kennedy and McLaughlin.

Back