News   Jul 19, 2024
 927     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Roads: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Highway 410 (MTO, U/C, Planned)

An express exit to the 410 makes a lot of sense, but to Hurontario it seems a bit excessive.

The 401 express has only a ramp to the 403, if u wanna take the 410, u gotta merge to the collectors then take the 410 brampton.

As for why the basket weave from the express to the highway 10 exit maybe its because the highway 10 is a provincial highway?

The 401 express has only a ramp to the 403, if u wanna take the 410, u gotta merge to the collectors then take the 410 brampton.

As for why the basket weave from the express to the highway 10 exit maybe its because the highway 10 is a provincial highway?

It's not Highway 10. It's Hurontario. You could call it "Formerly Highway 10" but that tag-line isn't even shown on maps anymore. It is NOT a provincial highway.

It's probably simply because Hurontario is such a major street.

That was my point. Adding a 410 express exit would make a lot of sense, but Hurontario doesn't really need one. In fact, I can't think of any arterial that has one. Yonge doesn't.

That was my point. Adding a 410 express exit would make a lot of sense, but Hurontario doesn't really need one. In fact, I can't think of any arterial that has one. Yonge doesn't.
Allen Rd of course! ;)

More importantly, it is 7 km from the previous exit from the Express to the Collectors.
There are very few exits from the highway, unlike though most of Toronto, so there are very few possible destinations for the cars exiting the Express. They have chosen to avoid having people merge across the Collectors, in favour of building a larger-than-usual basket-weave to allow the direct exit.

Arguably, the people wanting to exit at Mavis are getting the raw deal. But then again, now the Hurontario traffic can stay out of their way.

Yes! You tell him!!

thats funny, everyone arround here still calls it hwy 10, even the other day teh guy was asking to find a location and asked me is it east or west of 10? calling it highway 10 will never go away, remember that, cus apparently earnie eves forgot that when he downloaded it

thats funny, everyone arround here still calls it hwy 10, even the other day teh guy was asking to find a location and asked me is it east or west of 10? calling it highway 10 will never go away, remember that, cus apparently earnie eves forgot that when he downloaded it

I was just driving up 10 last weekend. Couldn't believe the traffic I ran into at 5. It was all caused by some guy running down the road screaming "You're not allowed to call it that!" over and over.

Having this exit helps me escape the backup on 401 when I don't want to spend 45minutes - 1 hour on the 14 km from Hurontario - 407. I can instead spend 25 minutes going up Hurontario - 407. Mind you, it costs me $3.33 and Hurontario's slow in the afternoon, but it's still worth it sometimes.

Highway 7 through Vaughan is stilled called highway 7, even though it is no longer a Provincial Highway. I think that Vaughan is very happy it is no longer a Provincial Highway so they could do whatever developement they want without the onerous MTO being required. I imagine Peel was also happy to take Highway 10.

Where is "here" to you?

I imagine the media is to blame for this, as they often still call it Highway 10 in traffic reports. But if you send some poor foreigner around with a map or GPS they'll never find Highway 401 & 10 or 403 & 10.

I find only people who aren't from around here call it Highway 10.

Highway 7 through Vaughan is stilled called highway 7, even though it is no longer a Provincial Highway. I think that Vaughan is very happy it is no longer a Provincial Highway so they could do whatever developement they want without the onerous MTO being required. I imagine Peel was also happy to take Highway 10.

Peel never took over Highway 10; Mississauga and Brampton did.

highway 7 is still a provincial highway in many parts where I travel, ie stratford, gwelph, peter borough, acintolite. its a regional road in peel, and york. its actually called peel regional road 107 and york regional road 7. when im in brampton, people still to this day refer to it as highway 7, and in vaughan its called highway 7 because its still signed as highway 7 as well, theyre allowed to do that.

I also to this day still see markers for kings highway 10 and kings highway 5 in peel region. people still to this day call dundas and hurontario as 5 & 10. ive grown up with that intersection, even my kids and their kids will continue to call it that.

Back