News   Apr 22, 2024
 802     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 268     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 676     0 

Roads: Gardiner Expressway catch-all, incl. Hybrid Design (2015-onwards)

Bike infra! Is it?

Look Closer:

1632884463907.png

Not for bikes (well, not only bikes)

A couple more pics are over in the Lower Don Lands thread.

So why did they decide to get rid of the Lake Shore ramp for ?? The DVP is now packed from 3:pm I went like 10yrs without a car and stuck with the mess on Eglinton, I get a car now b/c I work downtown and now it takes just as long to get home ??

Do they plan on replacing this at some point. I swear if you live anywhere east if downtown, especially Scarborough, getting downtown is a shitty commute. Either by car or by Transit.

What's the best way for me to get to Scarborough in the evenings because I work at Bathurst and Bloor and it's a flippin journey and a half. I don't even understand how traffic is formed, everybody just drive... How do all 3 or 4 lanes get bumper to bumper every single day ???

I used to drive from the Annex to near the airport, right across Bloor. When the weather was nice I would ride my bike, which was slightly faster on the way home. Driving a car through a dense urban neighbourhood is never a great idea.

I would just take Bloor and Danforth. How far are you going? You could park part way and take a bixi across Bloor.
Take Bloor to where?? I'm mostly at either Canoe Landing which is like at Bathurst n front or at Trinity Bellwoods park.

Before I would take the Lake Shore to Kingston and then Kingston down, but now I have no clue as to the best route to get home. Especially if I'm at canoe landing smh

So why did they decide to get rid of the Lake Shore ramp for ?? The DVP is now packed from 3:pm I went like 10yrs without a car and stuck with the mess on Eglinton, I get a car now b/c I work downtown and now it takes just as long to get home ??

Do they plan on replacing this at some point. I swear if you live anywhere east if downtown, especially Scarborough, getting downtown is a shitty commute. Either by car or by Transit.

What's the best way for me to get to Scarborough in the evenings because I work at Bathurst and Bloor and it's a flippin journey and a half. I don't even understand how traffic is formed, everybody just drive... How do all 3 or 4 lanes get bumper to bumper every single day ???
It's so waterfront Toronto can build more parks and keep the area from flooding before they build condos that are going to block any views people think that they are going to have of the lake.

There are plans for a ramp by cherry street but it's years away from even being started.

Take Bloor to where?? I'm mostly at either Canoe Landing which is like at Bathurst n front or at Trinity Bellwoods park.

Before I would take the Lake Shore to Kingston and then Kingston down, but now I have no clue as to the best route to get home. Especially if I'm at canoe landing smh
You said Bathurst and Bloor. If I was there and had to take a car with me, I'd just go across Bloor/Danforth. It's easier if you don't have a car with you.

You said Bathurst and Bloor. If I was there and had to take a car with me, I'd just go across Bloor/Danforth. It's easier if you don't have a car with you.

Okok I just checked Google maps and Bloor turns into Danforth which connects to Kingston which is where I'm trying to head to. Thx

Good luck! It's hard traveling downtown with a car, which is good. You could save a lot of time by parking near Main St or Vic Park and taking the subway.

Good luck! It's hard traveling downtown with a car, which is good. You could save a lot of time by parking near Main St or Vic Park and taking the subway.
I'm a youth Worker, so I gotta travel from trinity to, Bathurst n Dundas to canoe landing daily. Walking that would be crazy

I can't really interpret your post, but maybe a combination of transit and bixi would work? Those aren't really areas where you want to bring a car.

I am sorry, but you will have a rough drive which way you travel to the point you are better off driving to Kennedy or Warden and park the car. The subway will be a lot faster to/from Bathurst & Bloor. Then there the option of going to a GO Station that has all day service to Union, then take the subway which will be very costly to do daily.

2024 is when everything is to be completed, Even then, better off using TTC.

Transit sucks in the east thanks to the province starting in 1980's. Regardless if it driving or using transit, your travel time will be long based on where you live and work.

2022/23 will see the current ramps for the DVP remove and replace by new ones.

The end of the useless ramp for the Lake Shore will not be replace for the one remove with a new on/off ramp at Cherry St

Back