News   Apr 26, 2024
 57     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 292     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 512     0 

Roads: Gardiner Expressway catch-all, incl. Hybrid Design (2015-onwards)

I biked by on the Lake Shore trail the other day, and it seems so light and airy with those ramps gone. I love it!
Yes, it really is an amazing difference. I suspect that if 'they' had removed this section before deciding on what to do with the sections further west the decision to rebuild the Gardiner might have been different.

Yes, it really is an amazing difference. I suspect that if 'they' had removed this section before deciding on what to do with the sections further west the decision to rebuild the Gardiner might have been different.
Doubtful since the hybrid option was chosen by suburban councilors who don't frequent the area.

You are probably right but, IIRC, the vote was fairly close and one or two might have been swayed. :->
I had to refresh my memory. Vote was 24-21 so two would have had to switch.

Joseph de Maistre: Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite.

vote.jpg

So why did they decide to get rid of the Lake Shore ramp for ?? The DVP is now packed from 3:pm
It's only packed at 3 pm? I used to commute up to York Mills and DVP, and if I came in late, I had to fight congestion as early as 11:30 AM. And by 2 pm, it was packed.

Are you finding it's more congested now than pre-pandemic.

I've noticed a significant increase in traffic everywhere throughout September. The closing of the ramp has coincided with the traffic increase. Meanwhile there still seems to be this trend of rush-hour starting earlier than pre-pandemic.

What's the best way for me to get to Scarborough in the evenings because I work at Bathurst and Bloor and it's a flippin journey and a half.
Canoe Landing is near the lake - do you mean Lake Shore and not Bloor - which wouldn't require the Gardiner?

Personally to there, I'd take the GO Train in from Scarborough (which runs every 15 minutes now on Lake Shore), and change to the 509 streetcar at Union. Is there a GO station nearby, or can you drive to a Lakeshore East station?

The key question is where are you starting from in Scarborough? Kingston certainly is near the Lakeshore line

Wow! I got to go check that out. That's wild. They're all gone now. And I think most of the 'medusa heads' are gone too if I'm not mistaken.

Went and looked this morning. It's insane how much sky you can see and how open it is. I mean I guess that's such an obvious thing to say, but it's really nuts because I was used to seeing something there for 40 years. Will be curious to see if they remove the entire earthen ramp by Monday morning.

It's only packed at 3 pm? I used to commute up to York Mills and DVP, and if I came in late, I had to fight congestion as early as 11:30 AM. And by 2 pm, it was packed.

Are you finding it's more congested now than pre-pandemic.

I've noticed a significant increase in traffic everywhere throughout September. The closing of the ramp has coincided with the traffic increase. Meanwhile there still seems to be this trend of rush-hour starting earlier than pre-pandemic.

Canoe Landing is near the lake - do you mean Lakeshore and not Bloor - which wouldn't require the Gardiner?

Personally to there, I'd take the GO Train in from Scarborough (which runs every 15 minutes now on Lakeshore), and change to the 509 streetcar at Union. Is there a GO station nearby, or can you drive to a Lakeshore East station?

The key question is where are you starting from in Scarborough? Kingston certainly is near the Lakeshore line
I am a youth Worker, so I will need my car once I'm downtown to travel from different sites. Some days I'm at canoe landing, other days I am at Trinity Bellwoods park.

I am sorry, but you will have a rough drive which way you travel to the point you are better off driving to Kennedy or Warden and park the car. The subway will be a lot faster to/from Bathurst & Bloor. Then there the option of going to a GO Station that has all day service to Union, then take the subway which will be very costly to do daily.

2024 is when everything is to be completed, Even then, better off using TTC.

Transit sucks in the east thanks to the province starting in 1980's. Regardless if it driving or using transit, your travel time will be long based on where you live and work.

2022/23 will see the current ramps for the DVP remove and replace by new ones.

The end of the useless ramp for the Lake Shore will not be replace for the one remove with a new on/off ramp at Cherry St
You can't say it's useless when it was used heavily daily. Like the many ppl in Scarborough/Kingston Rd who would like to get downtown.

Now I'm aware they had to do it for flooding but once again the east end of the city gets shafted weather it's Transit or car oriented

Back