News   Jul 29, 2024
 233     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Riverdale

I think of it as the Ice Lounge (whatever it's currently called) of the south side.

Every time I use to walk past ice lounge I'd always feel like it was a dodgy place, of course I could have been completely wrong but that's the vibe I got, trapezzi never gave me that vibe to be fair when I'd go past it, never actually went into place being a cafe frappe guy but my Greek friends would always rave about it, and now they're raving about logo bar, hence assuming the differences will be minimal, logo bar does sound more modern and cooler though. these types of euro/Greek cafes that double up as nightclubs in the evenings/weekends are hugely popular in Greece I'd always thought they would do much better then the tired old restaurants on the danforth. I'm guessing kefi (Greek word for happiness) lounge is a similar type of place.

Does anyone know who runs cafe demetre these days? Another place I haven't been to in many years.

Speaking of the Ice Lounge, I've noticed a spike in the number of clubs and "lounges" along the Danforth in the last five years or so. While I can't say it's my scene, it's nice to see some life along the strip after 9. The lounges seem to be appeal to the South and Eastern Euro 30-something crowd and sort of counteract the notion of the "De-Greekification" of the Danforth.

Speaking of the Ice Lounge, I've noticed a spike in the number of clubs and "lounges" along the Danforth in the last five years or so. While I can't say it's my scene, it's nice to see some life along the strip after 9. The lounges seem to be appeal to the South and Eastern Euro 30-something crowd and sort of counteract the notion of the "De-Greekification" of the Danforth.

There was always life on the strip after 9, at least on weekends. The Greek restaurants used to be packed. I am not entirely sure I care for these lounges. I don't know what the alternative is but they make me nervous.

Screen shot 2015-11-06 at 3.47.52 AM.png

This is what it looked like before the fire
Screen shot 2015-11-06 at 3.50.56 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-11-06 at 3.47.52 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-11-06 at 3.47.52 AM.png
    378.2 KB · Views: 677
  • Screen shot 2015-11-06 at 3.50.56 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-11-06 at 3.50.56 AM.png
    887.3 KB · Views: 655
The party supply place, It's My Party, west of Danforth and Logan, has posted big signs saying that it's moving to Danforth and Greenwood in January. Another victim of raising rents, perhaps.

Wow, that's another huge space along that stretch that is going up for rent. That area has just finished absorbing the closing of Mr. Greek and Friendly Greek.

Not a fan of that rebuild. There are far too many windows jam packed close too each other. As mentioned above, the loss of the bay windows is lamentable. The corner also looks more narrow than before. Now all we need is the return of some tacky, backlit signage to complete it.

I'm wondering why there is no low rise condo proposals for the strip from Pape to Broadview? One empty lot in particular stands out at Ellerbeck? There are 3 subway stops and two major bus routes, it's very close to downtown and has quick access to highways. What do you think the reason is?

Back