News   Apr 25, 2024
 148     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

Yeah, I heard this morning that Grimes was involved in the griminess. He's my councillor. Never liked him since moving here. Ran into him once at the Blue Goose (the one time I went there...place is lame).....yeah, he needs to step aside.

upload_2018-2-15_10-53-2.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-15_10-53-2.png
    upload_2018-2-15_10-53-2.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 631
That could potentially help ease 'some' pressure at the inconvenience and much added commute time for riders north of Eglinton. But to suggest it's a solution that fixes the problem is lunacy. Bottom line is Toronto urgently needs more independent mass transit lines entering the downtown, especially at the unprecedented growth this city is experiencing.

The Line 1 extension into Vaughan already intercepts passengers to direct them to the University leg of Line 1. However, there still was crowding at the Bloor-Yonge station as recent news has shown.

The crowding on the Yonge leg will continue to increase until the Relief Line is built, not just to Line 2 at Pape, but up to the Science Centre Station at Eglinton, before reaching the Don Mills Station at Sheppard. By then, the University leg will need relief, by a westerly extension to the Relief line.

See, you people are all Mammo all the time, and you haven’t paid enough attention to Pasternak’s insanity generator. He’s been pushing a “North York Relief Line” for years. For a good laugh (or cry) see this:

http://www.jamespasternak.ca/2012/11/north-york-relief-line-subway/

I mean, look, Mammo is the gift that keeps on giving, but we should remember that Council is rich in other moronic assholes equally deserving of recognition.

See, you people are all Mammo all the time, and you haven’t paid enough attention to Pasternak’s insanity generator. He’s been pushing a “North York Relief Line” for years. For a good laugh (or cry) see this:

http://www.jamespasternak.ca/2012/11/north-york-relief-line-subway/

I mean, look, Mammo is the gift that keeps on giving, but we should remember that Council is rich in other moronic assholes equally deserving of recognition.

I swear Toronto's got too many councillors. I'm looking at a picture of this bozo and he doesn't look familiar at all. Frankly I don't even know who my councillor is after McConnell's passing. Not saying this in any fiscal way, but I wouldn't mind ridding ourselves of a bunch and increasing ward sizes. Just so it's easier to follow who's who. We should still have significant local representation, perhaps by way of non-elected official representatives that focus on finer-grained needs/growth/development/etc. But ultimately +40 elected officials...it's a lot. And it's as if only the stupidest or loudest get themselves in the news.

@pman, having to be reminded that the place is just full of imbeciles is rather depressing, don't you know?
I know, MT, I know. Believe me, I share your pain, which is why I’m here to help you with your journey. Sure, depression is a natural reaction to the fact a Council with a suburban clown majority runs a budget of $11 billion and consistently and always makes the wrong decision on transit. But as Dr. Kubler-Ross taught us, depression isn’t your only play here. Let’s recap:

First, there’s denial. You know, when you’re out of the country and people ask you where you live, and you smugly say Toronto knowing some international consultancy rated us fairly highly for quality of life, and they remark on Toronto’s beautiful mountains. Because in your heart you just know we’re special.

Next, the anger. As you’re attempting to transfer from Line 1 to Line 2 and the catastrophic overcrowding even on non-breakdown days makes you enraged at the morons who have run this City’s infrastructure since the 1970’s, and you vow to post something really cutting on UT.

Rounding the bend comes bargaining, though I’m at a loss to understand how it applies here. So let’s move on...But not on the Queen Car because that doesn’t really move!

OK, stay with me because we’ve arrived at depression - the purgatory of knowing you’ve invested so much of your life in Toronto you can’t really get out, and with the sure knowledge that nothing will ever get better here. Sounds like you’re stuck here, bro.

But wait, it gets better! Last scene of all that ends this strange, eventful history is acceptance. Your depression will pass, MT. Once you accept that colossally fucked up and hopeless is the way Toronto was meant to be, you’ll give up expecting better and devote as much of your free time as you can to not being there. For example, I’m writing this from Sydney, where I spend most of the winter, and being here really helps. I accept Toronto as it is, and while I wish Toronto all the best, I don’t believe it’s capable of improvement. Actually it will just get worse as population growth and exactly wrong infrastructure choices combine to make your commute even more hellish. But, breathe deeply and accept. Or if you’re young enough, just leave town and make a life somewhere else, because there are much, much better places in this world.

That’s all the time we have for now.

Last edited:

Back