News   Mar 28, 2024
 464     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 385     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 739     0 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

From this link:

Council rejects townhome development after unusual move by local councillor to get it built

Etobicoke York Community Council rejected the advice of staff and approved a 60-townhome development on Islington Ave., but council reversed that decision at a meeting last week.​

The "local councillor" is Councillor Giorgio Mammoliti.

I didn't even need to read the article to know it was Mammo. I wonder what he does with all the money he gets from kick backs? How blatant do these politicians have to be before they're charged? This isn't the first time Mammo has been involved in this kind of crap.

What I do not get is how councillors fell for this and acted like sheep. This is crazy

"What community council agreed to do in November, by approving Mammoliti’s motion, was ask staff to report back with the necessary bylaw changes needed to get the development approved without actually having to ask council to vote yes or no on the staff recommendation. The proposed bylaw changes — not the initial staff rejection — would then go straight to council for a vote.

And that is exactly what happened when in December council approved the bylaw request without debate.

The item then returned to the council floor last week after staff brought forward the requested bylaws."

What I do not get is how councillors fell for this and acted like sheep. This is crazy
You have obviously not watched Council or Community Councils working to get away to do something more interesting as the meeting runs down. You see lots of things passed with little or no thought.

Are you sure he's not just going senile? He's been acting a bit uncharacteristically the last few years. Something's amiss.

“I don’t think it matters what the costs are,” Scarborough Centre Councillor Glenn De Baeremaeker this morning on the Scarborough subway and whether voters deserve to know how many billions it will cost.

Meanwhile,

upload_2018-2-8_14-41-21.png

And I'll probably be too busy rolling my eyes at his bullshit anyway.

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-8_14-41-21.png
    upload_2018-2-8_14-41-21.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 408
I think it's time we mandate some minimum qualifications for city councillors, enough with the who can fundraise the most amount of money. The amount of stupidity coming out of various councillors mouths over the past few months have been getting out of hand to the point that I wonder if some need a serious health examination.

Back