News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.3K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 348     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 743     1 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

We have a low bar.

I mean. Campbell could be a Mammolitti, or a Di Ciano, or a Ford, or a Denzil Minnan-Wong, or a Glen deBaeremaeker, or a Ana Bailao, or a Karygiannis, or a Pasternak, or a Norm Kelly. Jeeze, we are really scrapping the bottom...

Fair, but let's not aim *that* low.

AoD

If we assume Mammo voters like what he says, then the alternative might be a Mammo clone with the same lunatic ideas who actually shows up at Council and votes more than half the time. Which would be worse than the elusive Mammo we’ve got.
My word, you're right. Sometimes I forget that I've given up on vast swathes of humanity. Thanks for the reminder, friend.

I think it's commendable that he may have realised he was spewing rubbish. He could have easily ignored or argued against the feedback as I'm sure some of his peers past and present would have done.

That being said, that original tweet reminded me of Douglas Ford's claim of the King St Pilot being a "business exclusion zone" in that opinion piece of last week: completely mentally burdened.

How to lose voters.

See link.

DUGjj9fW0AANyZH.jpg

I really think the punishments for councilors who break rules are not severe enough at all.
There are the 'rules' that Council has for its members (enforced by various City officers like the Integrity Commissioner) and then there are actual Laws (enforced by TPS and OPP etc). He is now facing a real legal problem. Fingers crossed, and all that!

Back