News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 697     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

225 Church street. Just about the worst location you could possibly pick for a restaurant. Right next door to the Bed-bug and Cockroach infested Dundas Sq Hotel. You couldn't pay me to eat in a place like that.

It is a separate building though. However, the building it's in is pretty awful looking. That whole corner at Church and Dundas needs to be torn down. Just an ugly ugly corner.

Heros is opening a store on King St west of Bathurst and McD. I forgot the name of another place on King in this area that is getting ready to open.

The new steakhouse on Simcoe (100 I think) opened last week. It is next door to Fune in the sublevel space formerly occupied by Monsoon.

Food very good.....service very spotty...prices kinda high....be interesting to see how this does.

It looks like Richmond Station, the new restaurant on the southwest corner of Yonge and Richmond (next to Sunset Grill), is about to open. The paper is coming off the windows. I believe there was an earlier post on this thread that the restaurant is being opened by some Food Network personality.

I had one tonight. SO GOOD! And considering the only other burger place that's open late nights in the area is Burger King, it will be my first choice for fast food when late night hunger kicks in

I tried the 5 Guys at Yonge/Dundas last night. I had never eaten at 5 Guys before and didn't know that the regular hamburger has 2 (thin) patties. Presumably the "little hamburger" has just one (I had initially thought it was a smaller sized burger). The burger is cooked (smashed) on a flattop grill, well done and with a nice crispyness and grilled taste. The bun is rather soft and mushy, and you select your topping when you order. I got the cheeseburger, which includes that cheap Kraft process cheese kind of cheese. So, not gourmet (although the price is), but pleasant tasting. The fries were hot, but undercooked (not a hint of brown colour). You're given a cup to serve yourself from the pop fountain. The ventillation is not good in the restaurant, so when I left my clothes all smelled like fried hamburger and french fries. For a cheeseburger, regular fries and regular drink (pop), I paid $15 and change.

Tabule is opening in Leslieville. Article isn't clear whether it's a relocation or a second restaurant (though it seems to be hinting at the latter)

UPDATE: According to a Facebook post, the Leslieville spot is indeed a second restaurant.

Last edited:
From my window I'm watching as South of Temperance, which closed several weeks ago, is torn down. I checked their website to see if there were any confirmation of the rumours they are moving to the Dineen Building once it's done, and there's no sign of any such news.

Back