News   Mar 28, 2024
 50     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 155     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 242     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Duke's Refresher will be replacing the former Jack Astor's on Front in St. Lawrence.
Their Aura location is overpriced and extremely loud, from my experience. The beer selection is good, but the bill and noise levels make it near on impossible to hear conversations. Hopefully this location will be better? I like the basic concept of the restaurant, I just find it isn't implemented particularly well..

Rose & Sons and Big Crow are closing

Chef-owner Anthony Rose says both Dupont spots will be shutting down in the coming days to make room for a new venture

October 1, 2019 10:33 PM

It's the end of an era on Dupont. Rose & Sons (176 Dupont, at St. George), the Jewish-influenced diner that made Anthony Rose a local household name, is slated to close in the coming weeks, along with its BBQ-oriented backyard sibling Big Crow.

"It is with heavy heart but excited spirits that I tell you today that Rose and Sons and Big Crow is closing," Rose wrote today in a newsletter.

"This is not goodbye, however. After 18 years of business it is time for change ... We are closing but we are reinventing ourselves to something bigger and better and more interesting to us and for you."

Last edited:
Soufi's at 676 Queen St W closes due to hate messages and death threats:

From CTV:

AoD

LOV, a Montreal vegan restaurant chain, has opened at the base of the King Portland Centre (620 King St W):

The Good Fork, has moved from Bloor West to 1550 Dundas St W (@Sheridan, base of the Alto rentals building).

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but The Gabardine at Bay and Richmond is closing on Oct. 31.

Looks to be just a name change. The Village Idiot Pub at Dundas W & McCaul is now the Village Genius Pub.

20191015_165356.jpg
20191015_165521.jpg

Back