News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

This is tangential, but does it seem as though no one ever says "we're closing" any more? They just put up a sign claiming they're renovating. Then a few months later there's an entirely different restaurant there.

Yeah, I see that a lot too. I'm guessing the owners are trying to arrange financing and keep the place going, or possibly thinking they could sell to someone who would keep the existing name/franchise?

Tim Horton's opens in CityPlace tomorrow in a very nicely designed store. (fireplace included) It is a 24 hrs Tim's. YEAH!

Last edited:
Is this the old Coffee Time spot?

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 3P3

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 14 143130 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Apr 15, 2014

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display one wall sign and one overhanging structure sign, both illuminated and in conjunction with a coffee shop. **Starbucks**

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1K1

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 145401 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Apr 22, 2014

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to ground and basement floor of existing building for "Aroma Cafe" with 22 seats. Proposal includes HVAC, PLB and an outdoor patio with 20 seats.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1K1

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to ground and basement floor of existing building for "Aroma Cafe" with 22 seats. Proposal includes HVAC, PLB and an outdoor patio with 20 seats.

Oh, cool, they've really opened up that space with new windows on the east wall, and I was hoping this would be a cafe or restaurant with a patio on the Princess side. This will be good use of the space, even though I wasn't thrilled with their coffee the one time I tried it. This is going to be quite the restaurant row now, stretching from Pacific Junction to South St Burger with only one small law office breaking the chain.

There is a spot along Queen's Quay, at Dan Leckie Way, that has a sign for a 30 seat or less restaurant. No name that I could see, but they were in there working on it today. It's the spot that used to be Lincare Dry Cleaning; it has sat empty for a couple of years now.

What a Bagel is moving into Burano Condo on Bay Street. Perhaps this is the same owner who is moving from the Yonge & Eglinton location now that it is being demolished for E Condo?

Freshii also set to open on Pearl just west of University (if you are familiar with the area it is the old, small, Rogers store that closed last month.

Given it's kinda strange location....this place seems to be doing a pretty brisk business.......I have gotten kinda addicted to their food and when I go in there it seems to me they are serving a decent amount of grub to people.

When did Papa John's come to Toronto? I didn't even know they were in Canada. They have a location at 1269 College St.

As a pizza chain fan, I want to go to there! I know there was a Domino's there beforehand.

I didn't know Papa John's was here either. I did hear on TSN radio that Papa John's Canada was sponcersing NFL Sunday night game on the radio but couldn't find anything close to downtown.

Reminded me when I started seeing so many Little Caesars commercials on TV and had no idea they had anythinig local. I looked around and seemed that they only have a single small location anywhere near the metro/downtown area (Dundas & Runnymede)

Back