News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 953     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

I noticed signage that long running Hannah’s Kitchen on Yonge just south of Eglinton will move from 2221 Yonge (condos coming http://2221yonge.com/) to Minto south tower @ 2177 Yonge in the spot where Le Gourmand and Spin Dessert Café tried to make a go of it.

Pizza Via Mercanti (pizza along the lines of Libretto, Queen Margherita) has opened its second location in the new YWCA (87 Elm St at Elizabeth). Their original location is in Kensington Market and is really good.

Obika Mozzarella Bar in Brookfield Place appears to have gone under.

" Rome, Milan, London, Los Angeles, New York, Tokyo and (no longer) Toronto"

Last edited:
Obika Mozzarella Bar in Brookfield Place appears to have gone under.

" Rome, Milan, London, Los Angeles, New York, Tokyo and (no longer) Toronto"

Yeah it's been closed for a little while now. I had been 3 times, enjoyed the food/service every time but it seems it never really clicked in that location - i think it could have worked elsewhere but oh well.

Hopefully this doesn't scare off Eataly from setting up shop in TO

Taco Bell/KFC near Yonge/Charles (south of Yonge/Bloor) is closed for renovations. There is a big graphic on the windows saying "something fresh is coming from KFC"

I really hope its KFC's new concept KFC Eleven.

it will be a KFC Select which looks to be similar

If you’re looking for a deep-fried chicken leg breaded with 11 herbs and spices or bright green coleslaw, you won’t find them at the new restaurant.

The menu at the “fast casual” restaurant includes Mexican-themed items, like soft flour tortilla burritos filled with grilled chicken, cilantro and rice, and a crispy chicken fillet sandwich topped with cilantro mayo, mild cheddar and lettuce.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/27/higher-end-kfc-select-to-debut-in-toronto

Last edited:
KFC/Taco Bell at Yonge/Charles (south of Yonge/Bloor) turning into KFC Select, a new concept KFC focusing on a 'younger crowd'. Very 'Chipotle' like, and very similar to the KFC Eleven concept in the states.

EDIT: Posted above. Oops.

pjt-kfc-3.jpg

kfc-select.jpg

store2.jpg

slide_327229_3160089_free.jpg

Last edited:
I think they should have dropped KFC from the name and went with something else. This has nothing to do with KFC. I think they're going to get people coming in expecting fried chicken.

I think they should have dropped KFC from the name and went with something else. This has nothing to do with KFC. I think they're going to get people coming in expecting fried chicken.
The KFC Express that used to be there didn't have fried chicken pieces either. They did however have fried chicken sandwiches and strips, which KFC Select will also have.

Back