News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 946     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Reds Tavern is now open in Aura. Oddly, they have two sets of doors right at the corner, but the actual entrance in on Gerrard.
Nov 1
10628067125_b763b1a6e9_b.jpg

10628093994_478f858b49_b.jpg

10628042885_d47f45ae7c_b.jpg

A few things happening around North York City Centre:

- South St Burger Co is now open on Yonge St across from Mel Lastman Square (beside the new Jack Astors). Say what you will about chain restaurants, they make an awesome burger.
- Dairy Queen is moving from corner of Yonge and Elmwood to a newly renovated spot next to South St, literally only a few doors down.
- Jackson City Sports Bar & Grill on Sheppard has been forcefully closed due to non-payment of rent.
- Some type of renovations going on at North York Centre; last time I was by they had the new food court area tarped off and all the tile dug up.

- Some type of renovations going on at North York Centre; last time I was by they had the new food court area tarped off and all the tile dug up.

They are replacing all of the terribly dated 80's floor tile in the atrium area. Not sure if the flooring in the first floor of the library (same as the atrium flooring) will be replaced as well.

I don't think that this has been mentioned yet, but it appears that a new Irish-esque pub will be opening at the long-suffering south-east corner of Queen E & Sherbourne. That's right, Queen E & Sherbourne!

photo.jpg

(I will cross-post this in Neighbourhood Node as well)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 864
A few things happening around North York City Centre:

- South St Burger Co is now open on Yonge St across from Mel Lastman Square (beside the new Jack Astors). Say what you will about chain restaurants, they make an awesome burger.

The South Street on Bay (south of Old City Hall) finally looks close to opening. Agreed on their burgers.

I don't think that this has been mentioned yet, but it appears that a new Irish-esque pub will be opening at the long-suffering south-east corner of Queen E & Sherbourne. That's right, Queen E & Sherbourne!

(I will cross-post this in Neighbourhood Node as well)
Awesome! It's only a matter of time before something happens in this neighbourhood and makes it better.

nearby at 99 Queen Street East -- Carbon Bar (from David Lee, Nota Bene fame) opens in early December -- the East side is picking up -- also a new restaurant going into the old Bhuppa Thai spot at Queen East and Jarvis - tapas place I believe.

Yes - I still wish they would build Cathedral Square. www.cathedralsquare.ca - owners don't want to sell - yet !
Cathedral Square. That's reaching into the UT vaults! Next we'll be talking about AreBe Centres?!?

That is good news. It's the only place in Toronto my wife has ever felt uncomfortable waiting for the bus.
Dundas & Sherbourne would give Dundas & Queen a run for its money though.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5E 1E5

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 264254 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Nov 12, 2013

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to ground floor unit (and seperate back room) for new restaurant, less than 30 seats - Starbucks.

Back