News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

"Craft Dogs" opened at Church and King today in the space formerly occupied by "Pastabilities!" I'm not sure which name is worse.

This is just north of Gerrard, across from Aura.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5B 1S9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 178034 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: May 30, 2013

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations for "Starbucks" with 29 seats. (139.89m2)

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4Y 2R4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 182954 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jun 6, 2013

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing ground floor restaurant (30 seats) for new tenant - "Starbucks".

Peridot Resto-Lounge on Bloor, east of Yonge has closed its doors. I think they've been in trouble for the past couple of years because I have requested quotes for events and they told me that they were "looking to renovate" so they weren't able to book events two months ahead when I spoke with them about prices.

Steep prices; comparable to Black Camel, except they let you choose toppings. Still worth a try though to see if that Po Boy is good.

You're looking at $20 for a sandwich, fries and a drink. The prices at some of these places make no sense. Are Torontonians making more money than I thought they were?

You're looking at $20 for a sandwich, fries and a drink. The prices at some of these places make no sense. Are Torontonians making more money than I thought they were?

I noticed the hot dog shop I mentioned a few days ago had prices in a similar range (some are $10 each).

There are enough people making enough money to sustain some of these places, but location is critical. Spadina is a bit far for Bay Street suits to trek at lunch time, of course I imagine rental rates in The PATH must be atrocious. Maybe they're after the King West marketing/advertising execs, or maybe just hoping enough people will want to treat themselves. Whatever the business plan, anyone charging $16 to $20 for a takeout lunch better have something really good.

Starbucks in the TD Centre (old Timothy's location) opened last week.

Anyone know the status on the new Cactus Club in FCP? They seem to have been working on this one forever, and I would have thought they'd want to open in time for patio season.

Starbucks is either moving or opening a new location on Queen St. E. The old La Prep location at Queen and Victoria. There is an existing Starbucks in the same building at the corner of Queen and Yonge. I have a feeling they're probably just moving.

Dineen Coffee Co. opens in the Dineen Building: http://www.blogto.com/cafes/dineen-coffee-co-toronto

I have been there twice; beautiful café, but the espresso was breathtakingly awful - so awful (and I don't know if that makes any sense) that you just know it could be one of the best in town. It reminds me of Grano, where I once had a similar experience, just a couple of weeks after they served me the best espresso ever.

Back