News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5G 1C4

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 143485 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Apr 3, 2013

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display two wall signs and one projecting sign on the northerly facing elevation of building, in conjunction with an existing restaurant operating on the premises. **Denny's**

c5 will close April 30.

"Compass Group Canada has operated c5 at the ROM since it opened in 2007. Compass has terminated their agreement with the ROM to operate c5 and, in response; the ROM issued an RFP (Request for Proposal) for a new restaurant operator. However, as only one bid was received, and the ROM would like to consider multiple options, the RFP will be retendered later this year. The objective of the Museum is to re-open the restaurant prior to the new year."

In other museum restaurant news. Jamie Kennedy is stepping away from the cafe at the Gardiner Museum.

The old 'Living Well' at Yonge & Isabella.

tkre.jpg

Sunset Grill turning into a major chain in the city. This is in the CBC Building.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 3G5

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 145881 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Apr 8, 2013

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to existing space on ground floor of existing mixed use building for "Sunset Grill" (250m2)

Ugh. Not a fan of the Sunset Grill.

Anyone had brunch at the Hogtown Vegan?

I've only been to their sister resto Hot Beans, it's decent (I'm not vegan though). They used to make these vegan doughnuts which were quite good, and then stopped selling them once Hogtown opened (I believe they started to sell them there for some time), though now I don't see any mention of them on either menu.

Anyone had brunch at the Hogtown Vegan?

The Hogtown's great. Service can be slow, as it's often very busy and their servers seem overloaded/not great with multitasking. But the food is delicious, if you're in the mood for North American comfort food-style. The 'chicken' & waffles are great, and for brunch, I usually get the tofu rancheros. I can't recommend the pb & banana french toast - it sounds like it should be awesome, but it's too much of the fried.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 3A2

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 149177 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Apr 12, 2013

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to convert existing retail store to a restaurant greater than 30 seats - new restaurant will be "The 420 Smokehouse"

Is Aura making Yonge and Gerrard a hot spot? Banh Mi Boys opens.

Arguably the most highly anticipated new resto of the season, the second location of Banh Mi Boys (399 Yonge, at Gerrard, 416-977-0303, banhmiboys.com) was unveiled this morning. As is the norm at the original Queen and Spadina location, there was a lineup.

Avoiding the crowd of frenzied food bloggers and lunch-time TV crews, NOW spoke to head Boy David Chau on the eve of the launch.

Hours?

“For the first week, we’ll be open every day from 11 am to 7 pm. And then from next Monday, it’ll be 11 am to 10 pm and later in the summer.â€

What's the deal with this Salute Piano Bar? It was once Zaza's other Yorkville spot (never understood why they had two storefronts almost right next to each other). Kind of just...came.

Back