News   Apr 18, 2024
 295     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.9K     4 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Belly Buster Submarines are opening at 572 College Street, the former location of Soundscapes music store:

Bar Vegandale on Queen Street east of Brock in Parkdale is becoming a Peruvian restaurant named Nuna.

Not necessary a restaurant per se but just adding it here as it relates to the same article and area, the former "Imperative" clothing store is being a new location of Craig's Cookies:

Bar Vegandale on Queen Street east of Brock in Parkdale is becoming a Peruvian restaurant named Nuna.

Not necessary a restaurant per se but just adding it here as it relates to the same article and area, the former "Imperative" clothing store is being a new location of Craig's Cookies:

The whole "Vegandale" concept seemed like a doomed, condescending hipster initiative from the start. It was never going to have legs. Apparently there was some pathological freak driving the whole thing behind the scenes.

The whole "Vegandale" concept seemed like a doomed, condescending hipster initiative from the start. It was never going to have legs. Apparently there was some pathological freak driving the whole thing behind the scenes.

Yeah, the "holier than thou" aspect was off-putting and I can imagine becoming quite toxic. At least the Queen and Brock area can refresh itself a bit now. If only someone had plans to open something new at the former Duggans spot next though.

There’s just something about vegans and atheists – at least the ones who self-identify as such. Atheists are just as annoying as evangelical Christians, and vegans aren’t much better.

Yeah. With dietary preferences and all religion (or lack thereof), keep it to yourself is the best rule.

I once knew a diehard vegan who was loud and proud about the fact.

She went so far as to buy ethically sourced clothing and footwear made from vegan materials. She would also criticize others for not doing the same and try to guilt them.

I get people make a choice and have their beliefs but please, let me live my life how I choose to do so.

Photo of the above mentioned future Congee Queen location:

20220328_140927.jpg

NODO Italian restaurant coming this summer to Liberty Village (former Landing)

Does anyone here know if the Senator will be reopening?

It closed "temporarily" during Covid with a scheduled reopening date of Fall 2021 as per their website and signage on the door. That date and has long since came and went but they remain closed.

I am merely curious as it seems like that they are permanently closed rather than just temporarily.

Does anyone here know if the Senator will be reopening?

It closed "temporarily" during Covid with a scheduled reopening date of Fall 2021 as per their website and signage on the door. That date and has long since came and went but they remain closed.

I am merely curious as it seems like that they are permanently closed rather than just temporarily.

Website says as follows:

1649859885711.png

Website says as follows:

View attachment 392542

Thanks NL.

This strikes me as postponing the inevitable. Every other restaurant has opened fully, there is no reason they cannot as well. If they expect to wait until Covid is completely eradicated ala Smallpox they will be waiting awhile.

I get the tits-up vibe from that.

Back