News   Apr 19, 2024
 45     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 728     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.9K     2 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Dutch-Indonesian restaurant, Little Sister, has opened their 2nd location in the city which is at 102 Portland Street, just south of Adelaide W.

Yessssss!!!!! Aaaaaaaah!!!!

I met the owner and his wife when I ate there. He took us to his bar across the road and made us all manner of cocktails afterwards.

Cool cat.
The server was cool as well.

So stoked....and this is in my natural habitat!

Yonge & Gerrard Scaddabush, Reds and Duke’s Refresher closing as of today. Email says that landlord made them a mutually beneficial offer:
6A10D411-652B-4537-A578-757CEA7E12F4.jpeg

Yonge & Gerrard Scaddabush, Reds and Duke’s Refresher closing as of today. Email says that landlord made them a mutually beneficial offer:View attachment 299346

Between this and the Canyon Creek closures recently I wonder how much trouble SIR corp is really in.

I'd be keeping an eye on Jack Astors. If they start closing those they are really in trouble.

Yonge & Gerrard Scaddabush, Reds and Duke’s Refresher closing as of today. Email says that landlord made them a mutually beneficial offer:View attachment 299346

Hopefully Shoppers and A&W doesn't take over the space. 😟 That's a huge blow to Yonge & Gerrard. And lots of people out of work. Summer nights that corner was packed with patio drinkers. Now we will have yet another large gaping hole in the downtown.

This is going to be another disastrous year for bars and restaurants.

Hopefully Shoppers and A&W doesn't take over the space. 😟 That's a huge blow to Yonge & Gerrard. And lots of people out of work. Summer nights that corner was packed with patio drinkers. Now we will have yet another large gaping hole in the downtown.

SIRCorp press release stated that the new occupier of this space will not be a restaurant. I'm thinking grocery, drug, IKEA urban format, or something along these line, etc...

SIRCorp press release stated that the new occupier of this space will not be a restaurant. I'm thinking grocery, drug, IKEA urban format, or something along these line, etc...

What's the ft2 here?

The Gerrard frontage is decently long, but the Yonge frontage is very narrow.

Without additional space, my instinct would be that this is too small for grocery, unless we're talking something like Summerhill Market.

Though there is all that deadspace in the basement that could be repurposed.

What's the ft2 here?

The Gerrard frontage is decently long, but the Yonge frontage is very narrow.

Without additional space, my instinct would be that this is too small for grocery, unless we're talking something like Summerhill Market.

Though there is all that deadspace in the basement that could be repurposed.
Don't have the total SF of the 3 restaurants, but I'm sure they can carve out some additional interior space to accommodate. I think we'll find out soon enough who they are going to lease this out to.

I don't care for corporate chain restaurants, but you're absolutely right. That area in particular was boosted by the street animation those places provided. Now we're going to get another lovely wall of window film to grudgingly walk past.

This is intriguing! Let's hope the basement gets taken over too. I bet that deadzone has been way worse of a deadzone over the past year.
Do we know of any retail that has been scouting for downtown locations?
Hoping for some form of entertainment, like Dave & Busters. Or a downtown Ikea lol.

Back