News   Apr 18, 2024
 674     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 5.9K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Assembly Chef's Hall on Richmond has to be taking a massive hit as well in the past year. Wouldn't be surprised if tenants/vendors have chosen to close up shop until more normal worker volumes return in the core.

Assembly Chef's Hall on Richmond has to be taking a massive hit as well in the past year. Wouldn't be surprised if tenants/vendors have chosen to close up shop until more normal worker volumes return in the core.

I wonder how the Food Hall in the bay is doing.

It will actually be interesting to see if restaurants try to open first in stand-alone locations or in 'co-spaces' like these once covid restrictions end.

That's one of my points.

The other being that I am not even sure if the Pusateri Food Hall will survive covid. WFH is more than likely the new norm and tourism won't rebound for another year or so. That food hall is likely not cheap to operate.

TORONTO, March 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ontarians are about to get a taste of Triple O’s, the West Coast restaurant specializing in burgers, fries and shakes. Today the company announced its plans to launch six restaurants in the GTA in 2021/2022. The first location opened today (March 2) in Mississauga, Courtneypark, and will be followed by a restaurant on Zenway Blvd in Vaughan this April. Triple O’s plans to open 30 locations in the province over the next five years.

The Triple O’s drive-thru restaurants will be conveniently located at Pioneer and Ultramar gas stations through the company’s existing, long-standing relationship with Parkland Fuel Corporation, as well as at free-standing Triple O’s locations. The first Ontario restaurant is located at 1520 Courtneypark Drive East, Mississauga ON, L5T 2C7.

--------
After the first two restaurant openings in Mississauga and Vaughan this winter, subsequent restaurants will be in Toronto, as well as a second restaurant in Vaughan, and a Hamilton location. The company will also be operating its On The Go Truck, a 30-foot mobile restaurant serving its famous offerings. Triple O's quick-serve restaurants will offer drive-thru, curbside pickup using the Triple O’s mobile app, dine-in service (once restrictions end), and delivery through SkipTheDishes and DoorDash.

Don't have the total SF of the 3 restaurants, but I'm sure they can carve out some additional interior space to accommodate. I think we'll find out soon enough who they are going to lease this out to.

What's the ft2 here?

The Gerrard frontage is decently long, but the Yonge frontage is very narrow.

Without additional space, my instinct would be that this is too small for grocery, unless we're talking something like Summerhill Market.

Though there is all that deadspace in the basement that could be repurposed.

I read on RedFlagDeals that Bed, Bath & Beyond is closing so another 50,000 sq ft likely available for whatever is planned.

The Green Wood, whose restaurants are known for brunches, are closing both their Leslieville (1402 Queen St E) and 461 King St West locations:

It's too bad. I really liked that place, even though it had extremely inconsistent/inconvenient hours. The food was super!

SIRCorp press release stated that the new occupier of this space will not be a restaurant. I'm thinking grocery, drug, IKEA urban format, or something along these line, etc...

It looks like you were right about the IKEA Urban Format! I for one I'm happy to hear this news

Back