Residences of Maple Leaf Square Condos (Lanterra Developments) - Real Estate -

^You know what's hilarious? Everything you mention (with the exception of the CN tower as a 10 year old kid) I've never had a need nor wish to visit ever! The ACC/Skydome/blah blah hardly make the city what it is. Toronto without the Annex in contrast, or Little Italy? Unbearable!

But what rp07 is saying is that these condo's put you close to all types of entertainment, events, amenities and the like. Your close to everything downtown including Little Italy and the Annex. So basically being at MLS is still a hell of a lot better than buying into a subdivision in Caledon Hills. At least if you are a Toronto person at heart and a Leafs or Raptors fan.

But what rp07 is saying is that these condo's put you close to all types of entertainment, events, amenities and the like. Your close to everything downtown including Little Italy and the Annex. So basically being at MLS is still a hell of a lot better than buying into a subdivision in Caledon Hills. At least if you are a Toronto person at heart and a Leafs or Raptors fan.

I don't disagree that there is a market for buyers in this area, just that the price point appears astonishingly high for the area. This is not a neighborhood, and it never will be, as much as you want to portray at as such. Transit is a big positive, but again, how many people paying $500 per square are taking the subway or visiting the CN Tower? That kind of price in that kind of area smells like offshore marketing (at a great discount to London and Toyko!) to me. Specuvestors all around. Anyone read today's Financial Post? Cover story on the condo market.

I'd love to hear from a forum member who shopped the area and decided that this spot was the best bang for his buck and that he INTENDS TO LIVE HERE.
My guess is I will get numerous responses from people who bought units here because it is such a great investment- and what a deal compared to other 'world class cities!'

One of the major drawbacks of being a "major world city"..is all the speculative offshore cash that keeps funnelling into this place at a breakneck pace. And on top of it all these Arab Oil Shiekhs, Asian tycoons and Russian Mobsters, think we are a "cheap city", hence they keep putting all their money here.

To be honest, I'm getting a little sick of it, and wish they would go away.

:(

Haven't these guys ever heard of Cayman Islands..or Liechtenstein?

I don't disagree that there is a market for buyers in this area, just that the price point appears astonishingly high for the area. This is not a neighborhood, and it never will be, as much as you want to portray at as such. Transit is a big positive, but again, how many people paying $500 per square are taking the subway or visiting the CN Tower? That kind of price in that kind of area smells like offshore marketing (at a great discount to London and Toyko!) to me. Specuvestors all around. Anyone read today's Financial Post? Cover story on the condo market.

I'd love to hear from a forum member who shopped the area and decided that this spot was the best bang for his buck and that he INTENDS TO LIVE HERE.
My guess is I will get numerous responses from people who bought units here because it is such a great investment- and what a deal compared to other 'world class cities!'

Well, when the Waterfront Revitalization gets going it will be very close to a very desirable neighbourhood...and it's already close to a few desireable locations.

If you have a problem with people buying a unit at this condo simply because the Leafs brand was involved, you must have a problem with anyone who buys a condo anywhere in Toronto.

This is not a neighborhood, and it never will be, as much as you want to portray at as such. '

How can you say that waterfront area is not a neighbourhood? I think thousands of people living in the area will disagree. So what constitutes a neighbourhood to you?

How can you say that waterfront area is not a neighbourhood? I think thousands of people living in the area will disagree. So what constitutes a neighbourhood to you?

Stated different, how about you name an area and I'll tell you whether or not I consider it to be a neighborhood.

Do UT members who "shopped the area" constitute a critical mass?

Stated different, how about you name an area and I'll tell you whether or not I consider it to be a neighborhood.

Why would anyone care about which areas you consider to be a neighbourhood?

^You know what's hilarious? Everything you mention (with the exception of the CN tower as a 10 year old kid) I've never had a need nor wish to visit ever!

Wow... you're missing out man. The one single thing I would miss the most if I ever left Toronto would be taking in a Raptors game at the ACC.

Do UT members who "shopped the area" constitute a critical mass?

I'm suggesting that the buyers are not end-users. If there is an end user anywhere in this net zone, then I'd love to hear his/her thoughts.

^ This project had a very high proportion of investors due to the location – the builders have not been shy about revealing that information to a variety of publications. All other reasons aside, being practically on top of the primary transportation hub of the region is a key selling point, especially when land in the immediate vicinity is quickly disappearing.

The bottom line is the project will contribute a massive kick in the butt to this "no man's land" (sorry Leaf and Raps fans)... regardless of whether the population is owner-occupied or renters. And I know waterfront/Queens Quay dwellers are thrilled that other humans (sorry Leaf and Raps fans) could potentially be encountered when they wander north.

Back