Residences of Maple Leaf Square Condos (Lanterra Developments) - Real Estate -

Sorry to push up an old thread but I was wondering if anyone living in the units can give me some comments on the level of noise within the building, especially when there is an event going on.

Really like the location due to it being ridiculously close to work but a little worried about the noise. Also, what is the mix of residents there? Does the condo suffer from an excess of obnoxious renters?

Thanks

A friend of mine rented in the North tower for all of last year (37th floor or something?) and from what I can remember of my visits there, the noise isn't so bad but the douche-index of the whole MLS complex is off the charts... a ton of egotistical young-professional types that love throwing their liquor bottles off of balconies.

That sucks. Do you recall if the walls were thick enough to block out the random yelling / loud music?

Any recommendations not too far away from Telus Tower / RBC Plaza with less douchebags? Seems like the entire "close to work" area suffers from the same problem...

That sucks. Do you recall if the walls were thick enough to block out the random yelling / loud music?

Any recommendations not too far away from Telus Tower / RBC Plaza with less douchebags? Seems like the entire "close to work" area suffers from the same problem...

Dude, you're pretty much screwed because the majority of the buildings in that area are "douchey". You'll have better luck looking at an older building as douches like newness.

I lived off of Wellington and Blue Jays Way this year and was in a smaller building. Not the same views but everything is relatively close, all things considered.

I imagine INDX Condos will take the crown for douchiest condo once it's occupied.

You're not kidding, considering that most of the buyers will be entrepreneurial types wanting to set up brothels, won't be surprised if bidets are ordered en masse for huge developer discount.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Seems pretty bleak... though I suppose it makes sense that the douchebag loud young-professional demographic would be attracted to the same buildings as us... Let's just hope there's no trash in the elevator floors like the place I am living now.

Dude, you're pretty much screwed because the majority of the buildings in that area are "douchey". You'll have better luck looking at an older building as douches like newness.

That sucks... though I'm not sure if I'd be willing to lose the close-to-work convenience AND the nice new building to avoid the douches. I suppose I better start watching Jersey Shore and buy myself a nice pair of sunglasses to wear indoors...

I lived off of Wellington and Blue Jays Way this year and was in a smaller building. Not the same views but everything is relatively close, all things considered.

I imagine INDX Condos will take the crown for douchiest condo once it's occupied.

Well, on the bright side, maybe they'll all migrate there. I did a quick search for that condo and their website scared me... they seem to actively be targeting the worst possible group of people to live with.

You're not kidding, considering that most of the buyers will be entrepreneurial types wanting to set up brothels, won't be surprised if bidets are ordered en masse for huge developer discount.

How do I ensure I don't wind up living next to a brothel-partment?

Came across this thread from the Maple Leaf Square construction thread. Funny a number of you mention the douche/partying concerns in this building.

A buddy of mine owns a unit at MLS that he rents out. He still has access to the amenities so a group of us went swimming at the pool deck last summer. Tons of young people were there, and everybody was boozing in broad daylight. We met a 40-something year old French Canadian pilot at the pool and we ended up partying with him and a group of girls in his condo. The dude was on another level snorting lines and drinking his face off. A bit concerning as well considering he's a pilot. Ridiculously fun time for us (I'm 22 mind you), but understandable that this kind of behaviour would be a deterrent to many prospective buyers/renters.

From my experiences, many newer buildings on/south of Front Street posses a younger, more rambunctious demographic to say the least. The quietest buildings I've been in were in and around U of T (ROCP is very quiet), as many international students rent the units and don't seem to get too rowdy.

Back