Residences of Maple Leaf Square Condos (Lanterra Developments) - Real Estate -

Those bathtub tiles are the sooo ugly and old looking already!

That's funny, but so true.
I am remodelling part of a house built in the 80's that has similar fake travertine/stone printed glossy ceramic tiles that needs to be updated.

I remember a little while ago Brad Lamb's awesome PH on Stewart Street sold for $890,000. Now that was a real penthouse (no other units on the floor) with its own private swimming pool and huge terrace.
Whoever bought that unit got an excellent deal. A truely one-of-a-kind unit that you won't see anywhere else.

Re: MLS. Is it true the condo towers are having major QC issues? I heard tenants are abandoning their leases, interesting if true.

I'm still trying to figure out what QC issues are. Anyone?

If true, it seems that, what with the falling glass at Murano, Lanterra's reputation as a builder is getting mangled.

Well, I'd like UD to provide some sort of source. Hearsay isn't good enough. I haven't heard anything negative about MLS.

MLS QC Issues??

I live in the South Tower of MLS 55 Bremner (why this bldg's main entrance is on Lakeshore but has Bremner address is unclear)on the 40th floor and the only problem has been a wicked wind that blows up the elevator shafts. It whistles through the unit door making a lot of noise and making it difficult to open the door. Once open you have to struggle to close it, then there are no elevators running?? I haven't heard of anything else. The on site bldg reps are not the most co-operative, but must be a difficult job. A lot of the hype and sales pitches done 4+ years ago when we bought from spec. we are still waiting for! But now I understand that is not uncommon from a sales team that is now no where to be seen and the builder claims they know nothing about!

Sounds like excessive positive air pressure in the hallways.
Positive air pressure keeps smoke out of the hallways in the event of a fire, allowing safe escape.
That's why doors in condos have automatic (spring-loaded) door closers.
Sounds like yours is overpowering even the door-closer.

MLS Penthouse for sale on the 51st floor! $1,949,000 I would probably have a heart attack on the balcony being that high up, i like the wall of windows but the decor is too drab for my liking, but none the less the views are incredible.

photo tour http://web.me.com/carolynng/carolyn_ng/65bremner5103.html#grid

http://mls.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=10072338&PidKey=1179201783

Elegant & Exceptional Penthouse.Brand New W/Panoramic Views Of City & Lake Ontario.Located On 51st Flr.This Stunning Unit Features Top Of The Line,Engineered Flring,Upgraded Kit. & Appl,Upgraded Trims & Basebrds,Window Cvgs,Chandeliers & Designer Light Fixt.Owner Spent Over 100K On Upgrades,Lighting,Chandeliers,Appl,Etc.Lrg Mbr W/6Pc Ens,Huge W/I Closet,2nd Bdrm W/4Pc Ensuite & W/I Closet,Exceptional Lrg Den W/Lake Views.High Clgs Of About 10' In Entire Unit.**** EXTRAS **** Ready To Move In. Just Bring Your Furniture. Extras Include All Appliances, All Window Coverings, Dining Rm Chandelier, Living Room Chandelier, All Designer Lighting. Parking Conveniently Located Beside The Elevator (Maint Fee Is Estimate

$2M with cheap Home Depot fixtures/features. I'd gut that entire suite....or just buy somewhere else. The views are deff 5 star though.

Last edited:
If they spent over 100k on upgrades, I'd hate to see the standard finishes. I thought the kitchen looked pretty disappointing for the price. But the views are indeed wonderful.

If they spent over 100k on upgrades, I'd hate to see the standard finishes. I thought the kitchen looked pretty disappointing for the price. But the views are indeed wonderful.

I know Lanterra charges an arm and a leg for upgrades, but there's no way that $100K was spent on upgrades. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The kitchen looks cheap. The floor does not match and I hate how the floor extends past the island. In open concept spaces like this...I think it's a nice look when you run the hardwood through the kitchen as well.

I spoke to the builders solicitor. The building is registered and they are looking at final closing mid Feb. I'm thinking Mar 1.

Purchasers lawyers will be notified next week

Builder has completed assignments of about 10% of the building.

There are about 20-25 on mls (pls confirm CG) and I don't expect many more come final

Waiting on some of the other guys to reply to tell us that there will be 800+ units on MLS soon!! Same guys that have been calling it for 10 years! Happy new year

Last edited:

Back