Residences of Maple Leaf Square Condos (Lanterra Developments) - Real Estate -

Agreed. This could have been better executed. I'm imagining there's a bit of a steep learning curve in building small that we in Toronto are still at the bottom of - designers and consumers aren't used to thinking in multi-functional terms, and instead, think of "rooms" as proxy for space.

Simply switching the main Bathroom from entering right on the kitchen, instead put it where the "Den" is (They are about the same size anyway) that would make the den (or "Media Nook" as it is more appropriately sized) opening off the living room and the bathroom near the front entrance. Is that really so hard for architects to figure out?

After all there is plumbing near that den. The Laundry and the ensuite bathroom are adjacent to it.

Last edited:
Out of 900 units in both towers, there are only 49 units currently for rent in Maple Leaf Square, of those only 5 units are under $1600 a month. Over 260 units have been rented on the Toronto Real Estate Board mls system and who knows how many others by private sites Craigslist etc. This is very good news for Maple Leaf Square, we still have the Longos, Hotel, 3 additional office towers and a hotel coming to the area and an Aquarium.

Last edited:
Out of 900 units in both towers, there are only 49 units currently for rent in Maple Leaf Square, of those only 5 units are under $1600 a month. Over 260 units have been rented on the Toronto Real Estate Board mls system and who knows how many others by private sites Craigslist etc. This is very good news for Maple Leaf Square, we still have the Longos, Hotel, 3 additional office towers and a hotel coming to the area and an Aquarium.

Holy crap - considering MLS only does about 30-40% of rentals, that would mean that a little more than 60% of MLR is investor owned. That's bad news, not good news George. It means really high maintenance fees, a rapidly deteriorating building and a host of other problems.

Holy crap - considering MLS only does about 30-40% of rentals, that would mean that a little more than 60% of MLR is investor owned. That's bad news, not good news George. It means really high maintenance fees, a rapidly deteriorating building and a host of other problems.

it's amazing how the same info can mean totally different things to 2 people ...

i'm with simuls on this one ... even if one was conservative and assumed all units were leased via TREB MLS, then at least 35% of the units [(260 + 49)/900] are rental ... YIKES
they might as well combine RMLS into the hotel portion !

assignment sale now being allowed on mls, this should tighten the supply in the month immediately after final closing, letter came in today.

Are you kidding me?!
The interior finishes look really cheap (looks unchanged from the other units in the building), the ceilings could be taller, the rooms don't look very large, and the unit should be better staged to make it look more high end.
Other than the killer view, there's no other wow factor to justify the princely $2M pricetag, even if this is indeed a true PH unit.
I have seen condos a quarter of the price that looks much nicer than this.

I wonder how much it'll sell for....or if it'll even sell at all.

$1000/ft for that? What a joke

is the RoMLS unit that big - 2,000 SF ?!?!?
it doesn't look at all that large ... i would have thought no more than 1,000 SF.

the design, finishes and layout seems very average for a PH !

The back of the kitchen island is made of 3 different panels of wood and it looks obvious. That level of finishing should not be acceptable at $2 million. The master bathroom is nice - can't say I've ever seen a bidet in a condo before. But overall, there isn't much that's special about the interior of the unit, other than size. The unit at 55 Stewart has a lot more character going for it.

Back