Residences of Maple Leaf Square Condos (Lanterra Developments) - Real Estate -

There are tons available by assignment, but I'd agree with cdr108 that they're currently overpriced - hence why they're not selling. Wait 4 months and you'll begin to see prices drop to more reasonable levels - especially in this area which for some reason thinks it's a good location when the only thing it has going for it is public transit and proximity to the waterfront (all which can be had without the traffic headaches and a lot more variety of life elsewhere).

Just to confirm simuls' and cdr108's posts that prices at the moment, every where, are overstated.

About a month ago, 830 sq.ft unit in RoCP1 on 19th floor was listed at $ 498,000.00. About a week ago, the same unit has been re-listed at $ 479,000 -- a drop of $ 19,000.00. I have a feeling that this unit will sell for less than the listed price.

Hold on for the best deals yet to come.

Last edited:
I agree that this development is way overpriced.

The building from the outside is impressive when travelling west on the Gardiner and the views are excellent, but the siting is a bit isolated wedged between the railway, the expressway and MLS.
Judging from the interior photos, it looks decent and well made but not spectacular. I have seen much nicer buildings, which are more intimate, better finishes, and located in a charming central location for less.
This should be priced under $600/s.f.

I've never understood why new homes in the GTA come with appliances installed. I'd rather buy my own thank you very much.

Also seems like most projects have the same standard appliances.

I've seen the same stainless fridge with the black handle in damn near every project built within the last 5 years. I think it's Frigidaire? I think in some states, you must buy your own appliances.

Also seems like most projects have the same standard appliances.

I've seen the same stainless fridge with the black handle in damn near every project built within the last 5 years. I think it's Frigidaire? I think in some states, you must buy your own appliances.

In Los Angeles, almost no rentals come with a fridge, you have to buy one and then cart it around from place to place. Hilarious!

Well, many Montreal apartments are like that. You can get a decent used fridge and stove for $200, much nicer than the ubiquitous ss crap in all these new condos.

btw: MLS units I've seen so far are appallingly dated, very conservative crap.

I recall going in the sales office many years ago and was not impressed with the units and the pricing, yet they were selling very fast. I recall that stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and hardwood floors were NOT standard, and yet the prices were very premium. I don't like the location as many have suggested. The building is sure to be full of renters...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Den? DEN?? DEN??!!!????

I thought that was where you left your shoes. I wouldn't keep my hamster in there! And that passageway... Er... I mean Kitchen slash Dining room slash Living room. With the bathroom opening on to the Kitchen... God forbid one of your guests has gas. Blech! I bet this unit was designed by Glade to sell more air freshener!

The world surely has gone to Hell in a hand basket. We are all living like Bruce Willis in the movie the Fifth Element.

:confused::p

Last edited:
The windowless den is sort of silly - it would make a decent office. That second bedroom has some awkward wall space. And those bathrooms are ugly and seem too large (why always the large ensuite?).

But living in small, multi-functional areas is not some sort of inhuman crime. It's how everyone outside of North America lives.

The den didn't seem that bad to me. Most dens are windowless. They're also much smaller...at least this one has its own room. There are many things I dislike about MLS suites....but, if you renovate the interiors, the views are good enough to have a nice looking place.

The windowless den is sort of silly - it would make a decent office. That second bedroom has some awkward wall space. And those bathrooms are ugly and seem too large (why always the large ensuite?).

But living in small, multi-functional areas is not some sort of inhuman crime. It's how everyone outside of North America lives.

You are quite right, but they do it so much better than this. The Danes, for example, are masters of small spaces but they are well thought out, planned and executed. Very little in their designs seems like an afterthought, the way North American designs do.

Back