News   Apr 18, 2024
 694     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.2K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Regent Park

I know they recently held an update/meeting, but I can't seem to find any documents online.

Yeah, I went to the meeting and there was indeed a new slide deck, but it hasn't yet been posted on the TCHC website.

I don't think there were any huge surprises in it, compared to previous decks. There was some more info about commercial space, and particularly the idea that commercial demand has been slow while the residential population is temporarily depressed. One item of note was that the space just south of One Park Place (south side of St. David St near the Nelson Mandela School) is to become a seniors residence.

what's gonna happen between parliament and sherboune? there are condos east of parliament and west of sherboune but it seems in the stretch inbetween is still a 'dead zone'.

Nothing will happen between Parliament and Sherbourne, at least not as part of the Regent Park revitalization. Regent Park doesn't extend west of Parliament.

There are applications at 419 Dundas E. (5-storey residential, with commercial at grade) and 307 Sherbourne (13-storey residential) in that area. You're right - it is a bit of a dead zone.

ETA: Here's the thread for 307 Sherbourne.

Last edited:
Just noted yesterday that a set of traffic lights have been installed at Sackville and Dundas in place of the crosswalk that is currently there. With the growth in population that crosswalk definitely needed to be changed.

Just noted yesterday that a set of traffic lights have been installed at Sackville and Dundas in place of the crosswalk that is currently there. With the growth in population that crosswalk definitely needed to be changed.
I think the traffic direction on Sackville needs to be changed to one way north Dundas to Gerrard, one way south Spruce to Gerrard. Otherwise Sackville becomes a race track from Wellesley to Dundas.

I think the traffic direction on Sackville needs to be changed to one way north Dundas to Gerrard, one way south Spruce to Gerrard. Otherwise Sackville becomes a race track from Wellesley to Dundas.

Good Point. I kept this in mind while I walked up Sackville last night, and you are spot on.

I used to notice that as well before I moved - had to be very careful walking the dog up Sackville - some drivers do not know (or care) about the cross-streets there

I'd think that would simply increase pollution, with people having to drive further to get home, etc. Probably better to just find a way to calm traffic, and enforce rules.

IIRC, one of the largest contributors to pollution in the traffic calmer's tool box is the speed hump. The humps force much more frequent braking and rapid acceleration over an otherwise stable speed (i.e, least polluting) road. Of course without speed humps we'd see much faster traffic o residential streets, especially by outsiders trying to avoid the constant construction projects that block are road infrastructure.

I wasn't thinking speed humps. 2-sided parking, narrow roads, bump outs.

What about two-way streets with both-sides parking - now that would cut down on people cutting through!

Last edited:

Back