News   Jun 24, 2024
 908     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 569     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

June 26

Looking east from Wellington St.
2616564386_b955e5e8f2_b.jpg

agreed. although it blends in just fine from any other angle. i never noticed how bad it looked from the west

Nice pics, Andrew.

I'm curious: will the tower rise any faster after the podium is finished?

That is to say, is the chief constraint on the tower's progress labour / crane usage, or just the time it takes for the concrete to set?

I would assume progress is based on concrete set time.

what I am really loving about that angle is it seems to show the west wall of RBC lining up perfectly at right angles with that outermost panel of the north face of Simcoe Place. Looks like it should make for some cool reflections...

This pic really reinforces how this project is going to extend the commercial core westward psychologically. Right now, standing on University at Front it feels like you're on the edge of the core... now you'll feel like you're in the middle of it with the completion of RBC.

Thanks for the updates, Andrew.

Thats exactly how I feel. Better yet, Ritz will be peaking out from behind RBC, giving the illusion that the "core" doesnt end at RBC (it creates a wall effect), but instead it creates a sense of depth: the core continues further west.

300 front west will also play its part on this effect. Hopefull the lot across the street from Simcoe Tower will be developed... Is there actually a proposal for that lot?

Back