1K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 498     1 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

070708 foto

The only RBC I can stand!

Today, from King West:

DSC07951.jpg

This one is finally getting some real verticality – doesn’t look as squat anymore. Loving the transparent glass more and more.

UD - thats a great photo! lots of interesting elements: the crane, the curve of RTH, the CN Tower and that red double decker really makes it! saved that one to my hard drive...

Anyone know how much of this building is leased?

from the RBC Centre website - June 30

Construction_Image1-20080630.jpg

Construction_Image2-20080630.jpg

Construction continues on schedule. Concrete slabs are being poured for floor levels 30, 31, 32 and 33. Forming and pouring of the tenth floor slab and roof level slab in the podium will be completed. Curtain wall installation in the tower continues on levels 22, 23, 24 and 25 and will be completed up to level 5 in the podium area. Elevator installation continues in the high rise, mid rise and service elevator banks. Mechanical and electrical trades continue with their rough ins throughout the tower floors including lighting, fire alarm and sprinkler systems. Drywall board installation continues up the tower in the core areas including stairwells, mechanical and electrical rooms, washrooms and elevator lobby areas. The Ritz-Carlton is forming and pouring the fifth floor tower slab and will begin forming and pouring the sixth floor tower slab. Installation of mechanical and electrical work will continue from level P6 to level 4.

Anyone know how much of this building is leased?

I believe the vast majority of the building or perhaps all of it was to house RBC employees currently located in the building on the south side of Front Street at John Street and some others currently at 180 Wellington...

The see-through qualities of this building are rather extraordinary. It's going to be like a vase to display office workers.

It really is a very awesome building. I can't wait for the podium to be finished and to see the curve of the curtain wall start on the East side.

Today, from Bay & Lakeshore

PICT1639.jpg

Back