News   Jun 24, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 913     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 571     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

I'm loving the small lines which run vertically and horizontally around this project. They seem to break up the mass of the tower into smaller, more manageable boxes.

And were only 63% of the way there!*

*Calculation courtesy of Redroom Studios.:D

Taken yesterday morning (bright and early):

IMG_8278.jpg

IMG_8279.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

IMG_8280.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

OT for a moment. I have a widescreen monitor at the office and the computer doesn't allow me to properly change the resolution to factor in the extra width, which results in everything being a little stretched horizonitally. When looking at the first pic posted above by Architecturefan, Simcoe Place appears quite slender and tall. I must say, by looking at it like that I wish they had made it an extra 10 storeys taller because it looks awesome with that bit of extra height (as it appears on my screen).

In the spirit of the post above, I give you the chorus of 1996 radio sensation Skee-Lo's "I wish" adapted for urbantoronto:

I wish it was a little bit taller,
I wish it went up farther,
I wish it had a podium that looked good;
I would go there,
I wish it had a rabbit in a hat with a bat,
and ten stories taller.​

love that view from infront of the Royal York! I think this is the most impressive angle of RBC... not sure what that is saying about my impression of its base/ street level.

p.s. - ProjectEnd - lol on the updated calculation!

In the spirit of the post above, I give you the chorus of 1996 radio sensation Skee-Lo's "I wish" adapted for urbantoronto:

I wish it was a little bit taller,
I wish it went up farther,
I wish it had a podium that looked good;
I would go there,
I wish it had a rabbit in a hat with a bat,
and ten stories taller.​

I confess it's a shame when you livin' in a city
Where they can only build a box and nobody knows yo' name

214205.jpg

It's funny when the traditional knee-jerk reaction against height actually inhibits a building from preforming to the best of its abilities....sad actually.

I was walking down Spadina in Chinatown today and could see RBC rising from there (near Dundas) so it is definitely becoming noticeable. No camera with me but if someone could get a shot it would be great. BAC is also now very noticeable as well.

yep, it does a good job of filling empty sky from there too, but too much green glass from the angle for me... second pic is cool how it blends into Simcoe Place.

Back